HPI Savage Sway Bar Set. HPI Part # 102538

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you got them yet Soulja?

got 'em but haven't put them on yet....but i will definitely post when i do.....QUOTE]

You fitted 'em yet Soulja? :stickpoke:

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead...

But great review and write up!

I am just wondering... And from someone who has tested them if you can answer some questions.

Does running the sway bar on the front really kill your turn in that much.

Would it be beneficial just running a single sway bar on the rear?

In your videos, were you running front and back sway bars?

THANK YOU

Alright mate,

Yea was running front and rear sways in those vids, I can't really comment on how it would run with just one set on the rear as I've only run them as a pair.

I didn't notice any loss of turn/steering after fitting them, the handling improved loads and the truck stays flat pretty much all the time now.

Here's another vid with the same set up but on Pro-line Calibre VTR's on soaking wet grass, no grip at all lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMgFXr9zU4I

Sorry to kick up a old thread but i have a set for my flux but I'm just not sure i want to put my stock lower arms back on just to use these .... anyone know if there is a way to still use them on the RPM arms ?

I haven't done this mod yet but thanks to Londoner for providing an excellent review and install procedure, I am ordering the parts as we speak and looking forward to doing this mod.

+Rep

Sorry to kick up a old thread but i have a set for my flux but I'm just not sure i want to put my stock lower arms back on just to use these .... anyone know if there is a way to still use them on the RPM arms ?

No they will not work because to make them work you would need to drill out a mounting hole in the arm and RPM arms are just to thin to do it with. If you want to keep using the RPM arms check out Blue Groove sway bars.
http://www.bluegrooveconcepts.com/Anti-sway-bars.html

I would love to do this but at some point I'm going to switch to rpm arms so i may end up with the blue groove.

For those that have the sway bars, does it replace the need to shorten the shock travel to have the truck sit closer to the ground?

In other words, can you not shorten the shock travel and just run the sway bars and have great handling?

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in doing this mod but not sure it would work on my 3.5. I'm running stock front and back bulk heads and all the related components. From what I can gather I need to

a) drill some holes in the lower suspension arms
or
b)replace the ones I have with some from an "X" version savvy.

Can anyone confirm this for me please? Also if there are any other parts i'd need a heads up would be greatly appreciated! Of course I'll be looking myself so if I find out I'll let you good folk know.
Thanks

Just finished up this mod and ran a tank through last night. I noticed the difference right away. Huge. :10: Sick handling.

Thanks again to Londoner for the details at the beginning of the thread. :resp:

If you are looking into doing this mod, have patience. The parts are small. Put down a white sheet of paper on your work area so the parts stand out and don't get lost.

I always use a second white sheet of paper for all of the parts and screws I remove during a mod. I put the parts on the paper and circle them and write what they are above so there is no confusion if you walk away to take a break and go back later to put the parts back on.

Enjoy!

So the composite bulkheads are just a direct replacement for the existing ones right?

Latest posts

Members online

Back