HPI Savage Slipper Clutch Eliminator Spur Gear.?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orgnl21beest

I just shredded my 18 year old stock savage 21 spur gear .. is this slipper clutch eliminator spur gear compatible with my truck (savage 21) what are the benefits of getting it .. if any
Thank You 😊

Attachments

• 5A143331-BB25-439C-B706-E1281DE0A9BE.png
    5A143331-BB25-439C-B706-E1281DE0A9BE.png
    471.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Not heard of anyone using one, can you not get a replacement plastic spur gear?

Yes one is in the mail as we speak ! I was just wondering about this part and if it had any advantages or not.!

You can't run stock HPI Savage clutchbells with a steel spur gear you will gouge the clutchbell pretty quickly. If you want to swap to a steel spur you need to run a "hardened" clutchbell. Honestly in all my years of bashing i've never stripped a standard spur gear. I've also never crashed head on at full speed. Many times when a spur gear melts and strips it's because of a worn / dirty / overheated clutch .

Yep I ordered just a standard plastic , but it’s a 47tooth instead of 52.. how will that effect my truck , more speed?

Yep I ordered just a standard plastic , but it’s a 47tooth instead of 52.. how will that effect my truck , more speed?
In "theory" yes you should gain a small amount of top speed. However that is ONLY if your engine has enough hp and torque to pull the higher gearing. A smaller teeth count spur = greater load placed on the engine. In certain circumstances when swapping to a smaller spur you actually loose top speed. All you can do is experiment with the 47T spur and see how you like it. Gearing theory is a very deep and complex subject.

Yea I honestly could care less about speed , I want the torque lol !!
Then you are wanting a lower gear ratio. You get this by either reducing the teeth count on the clutchbell or increasing teeth count on your spur gear. Gearing is all about your personall wants. You cant have insane top speeds and sick snappy low end acceleration. You have to pick your primary need and adjust your gearing accordingly. I too favor lower gearing as its a bit less loading on your clutch and trans. Lower gearing however can be difficult to drive as you have so much throttle response low in the rpms , just learn to be smooth with your throttle finger.

Ok ! I’ll most likely buy a less tooth clutch bell eventually when I get the Force28 motor , if I remember correctly it has to be a stock savage clutch bell , someone on here said (possibly yourself)!

Latest posts

Members online

Back