HPI Savage Octane first run thoughts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry, just not that impressive considering all the hype and bs surrounding this rig. also the poor guy obviously needs to brush up on his tuning skills quite a bit.....

Either HPI is planning an immediate engine upgrade or HPI can't proof read their manuals at all........

I'd tend to agree with Jam. I believe I mentioned underpowered before......

That guy is no newb. I believe he can tune an engine. I saw another vid with the same issue.

With no coil, I would like to know how the spark is timed properly?

The main selling feature of this truck was ease of tuning. Fail!

So you have a truck that costs twice as much as a 4.6 and is slower and harder to tune. Not good.

I would like one but the price is way too high here in the uk

When I was looking to buy a few weeks ago, this was top of my list.....But I decided I could buy a used one, and upgrade the crap out of it for the same price.

I wasn't impressed with the videos, and reviews I seen on it. So I decided let it go for about a year or so, and let people figure out all the quirks and flaws then look into buying one....used of course.

I bought one savage octane, 6 days ago. after 8 tanks is really good, drifts, jumps, races, climbing mountains area , shifting all gears nicelly. People, I have no claim of this truck. I only did a mod with the ignition battery, to LiPo 2S 7.4v . I believe after 20 tanks the motor will be fine for tunning high speed.
Here in Brazil the petrol is diferent. All petro has 25% of ethanol, with increase the power of the gasoline.I use podium BR petrol, 97 octanes.
My video in my third day with savage:

Love that sound.
I don't know what they put in the petrol here in Norway, but yours sounds way more willing than mine.

Latest posts

Members online

Back