HPI Savage flux XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

IMG_20171001_115034_01.jpg IMG_20171001_115037_01.jpg IMG_20171001_115030_01.jpg IMG_20160625_174032027.jpg IMG_20160708_143825832.jpg IMG_20180716_200555.jpg I am tossing around the idea of selling my Savage. I'm mostly wondering what it is even worth. It has been very well taken care of and is very clean. If I sell it, fine, but if I don't then no big deal. Here is some info on it, what do you all think would be a good asking price for it?

Last edited:
Honestly I am not 100% sure. I bought this truck off a guy that installed everything on it and the guy never used it so it was all installed when I bought it.

I am not sure on the esc, I can check when I get a chance, as the other stuff I am not sure on that either. I have never tore into this truck so I don't know what diffs it has .

If you could tell if the dog bones and cups are HD from a picture I can get one for you.

Sorry I didn't answer any of your questions lol

Was just trying to see what it had to help you figure out it's worth.

If you can take off a skid plate and take a photo of the diff ring gear as well as one of the outer dogbones/cups, should be enough to answer.

The esc, if it's a MMv2, it's the preferred one as the MMv1 wasn't waterproof. That's what the savage flux came with originally, but was rebadged by HPI as the blur... something. It's what my Flux HP came with.

Thanks for the help olds. I may have to wait till this weekend to pull the skid off. As far as the esc goes, i just looked and it is the mmV2. I wasn't home and was not for sure .

Ah, you have the older 43t machined diffs. Ok for nitro, but not great for brushless.

I've been running the cheaper sintered (I think) BP diffs in mine because that's what I could find. They are 29T/9T. I have them in my X as well. One of the first times I worked on the diffs in my flux (it was used), I had to replace bearings, which is pretty typical with savage diffs. They run a thin bearing on the cup side vs a 6x18 like the ring gear side. I lost a screw when putting it back together... I found it about 2 minutes into my run:
2017-0811-SavageFlux-CrackedDiffCase-Screw01.jpg

Didn't hurt the gears, but split the entire diff case wide open. I have broken 2 or 3 pinions in my flux though. I installed a center diff trans a month or so ago to try and help with that. Knowing that, I can't imagine the 43/13 diffs would hold up for long.

Anyway, with those diffs, the MMv2 esc, the standard sized bones for the front/rear and as clean as it is, you might get $400-$450 out of it. It will take another $100 or so to make it an actual flux.

Hmm that is interesting. I'm not sure why it has the non flux diffs in it? Possibly the original went out and the previous owner put them in it?

If I could get $400 I will be happy, that's actually what I had been asking. Thanks for the info @olds97_lss

I listed it some different places, if it sells good if not then that's fine too. It's a great truck, I just like switching it up from time to time .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back