HPI Savage Flux - First Run Check List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexxan

Hi all-

Thanks for all the advice I've had on site so far - just wanted to run my first checks by ya.

Check the pinion / red locktite it on.

Tighten the slipper clutch all the way.

Switch the battery trays around

Dremel the top of the trays to prevent wire pinching

Am I missing anything else? Just want to have a smooth intro into it - and hopefully no probs.

Cheers.

after what i witnessed 2 weeks ago, i recommend that you read & understand the user manual before you connect the batteries & have it handy when your on your first run.

maybe start off with the idea of just getting the idea of how the truck is gonna react to throttle and stuff & not really runnin it too hard.

good luck have fun!

I'll definitely follow that advice - no bashing until I find a decent site - and can get there; it's really going to be messing around in the front of the house stuff mainly.

Was two weeks ago a MMM melt job? Sounds serious.

I just got hold of some velcro for the boxes so hopefully I'm good to go for now.

The anticipation is killing me! One to get my hands on my Flux, and two, auto dread of monumentally screwing things up!

Was two weeks ago a MMM melt job? Sounds serious.

lol, no, no melting.

The anticipation is killing me!

Anticipation is what got us too. charged the packs at the bash site & get the truck to run for the first time. Wouldn't work.

then, 1 guy reading owner manual to the other guy trying to get the flux going reads "Your savage is now armed,"

then 2 seconds of silence & WHAMMO!!!! savage explodes into a frenzy caz 1 guy shut the Tx off & it ran till it blew itself apart. parts & rocks flying everywhere!!

while funny, we were lucky no 1 got hurt. wrenched the flux back up & ran it till she broke :peace:

Latest posts

Members online

Back