HPI savage 25 tune in winter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage-25

i cant get a good tune for my HPI savage 25 in the winter when it was warmer the tune was still fine but now when i run it rich it doesn't make any weird noises but it doesn't go fast and when i lean it just by a little it starts making a pinging noise does anyone know a good tune for winter? BTW the tune i am using it the factory tune where the low speed and high speed are flush with the carburetor. its a decent tune but i want better acceleration please let me know if you have found a good tune that you!

Have you wrapped the head with anything to block air from going through it? If it's just cold but dry out, you can use an infant sock top. Helps keep some heat in the engine vs cooling off so fast once you start moving.

If it's wet, you can use aluminum foil (which has a tendency to cause radio interference so I've read), or you can use a strip of rubber from a bicycle innertube (what I used to do). If you use a sock, it will retain water/snow and make the problem worse. With foil or rubber, it doesn't retain the snow as much.

That said, I always had better luck with my small blocks in the winter than big blocks... guessing less surface area in general helps it retain the heat better, even with a sock or cover.

Couple examples of mine in the past:
2005-1201-RevoTopServoCaseOpen.jpg

2005-0116-SavageRearRight.jpg

I used to run nitro in the snow:
2005-0105-SavageSnowTopBody.JPG

Now I just run electric. It's less picky.

The up north winter struggles some of you have! I’m here in south Florida and it’s 85 right now haha! Humidity is low so tuning isn’t a problem for me here! My 1/8th scale nitro buggies I race hold a tune pretty much all year! Maybe a little adjustment here and there. Just rubbing it in lol

The up north winter struggles some of you have! I’m here in south Florida and it’s 85 right now haha! Humidity is low so tuning isn’t a problem for me here! My 1/8th scale nitro buggies I race hold a tune pretty much all year! Maybe a little adjustment here and there. Just rubbing it in lol
nice where i live in the summer it is too hot do drive nitro rc and in the winter it is too cold

Have you wrapped the head with anything to block air from going through it? If it's just cold but dry out, you can use an infant sock top. Helps keep some heat in the engine vs cooling off so fast once you start moving.

If it's wet, you can use aluminum foil (which has a tendency to cause radio interference so I've read), or you can use a strip of rubber from a bicycle innertube (what I used to do). If you use a sock, it will retain water/snow and make the problem worse. With foil or rubber, it doesn't retain the snow as much.

That said, I always had better luck with my small blocks in the winter than big blocks... guessing less surface area in general helps it retain the heat better, even with a sock or cover.

Couple examples of mine in the past:
2005-1201-RevoTopServoCaseOpen.jpg

2005-0116-SavageRearRight.jpg

I used to run nitro in the snow:
2005-0105-SavageSnowTopBody.JPG

Now I just run electric. It's less picky.
i do run it with a sock it didnt really change anything and my engine doesnt run too cold really it runs at the normal tempature

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back