Hpi racing savage xl terra pin tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMC-716

SGT. MARIN
Hey guys, Quick question, i was able to pick a set of four (4) Terra Pin Tires, Brand new for $24, plus $6 to ship, so for $30 i got a set of rims and tires, i kow that they are off of a Savage XL, and 17MM. Will they hurt the performance of my truck in any way since they are bigger than the stock tires? I don't race, i just bash around and that's it.

Thanks
Cris

Will they hurt the performance of my truck in any way since they are bigger than the stock tires? I don't race, i just bash around and that's it.

Thanks
Cris

idk about 'hurt' performance compared to what your running now but they certainly wont 'improve' performance my any means.

might eek out a bit more top end caz of the large diameter, but the sidewalls are large & kinda mushy. Sounds like you already bought em so slap em on there & give em a rip. who knows, you might love them.

idk about 'hurt' performance compared to what your running now but they certainly wont 'improve' performance my any means.

might eek out a bit more top end caz of the large diameter, but the sidewalls are large & kinda mushy. Sounds like you already bought em so slap em on there & give em a rip. who knows, you might love them.

For $24 i didnt want to pass them up since i don't race or anything like that, just run them around and bash so i didn't think it was money being thrown out the window.. I will slap those bad boys on tonight and run them in the morning..

I bought an extra set of Terra Pin Tires off ebay for $25 just to bash with. They're great on all terrains but if you run it wide open and make a sharp turn you will flip your ride.

Thanks Modified!!! I will slap them on as soon as i get home but it will be dark so i'll have to wait till the morning.

Like some others already said the sidewalls do tend to roll over on hard surfaces but I actually like these tires a lot for off road bashing. I get good traction on gravel and dirt and because they do have some cushion they are great for soaking up big jumps and rocks at higher speeds. When I'm on gravel or loose dirt I find that it doesn't really tend to roll but I have the adjustable shocks and I have them stiffened up. The truck tends to slide before it wants to roll on gravel which is actually good for higher speeds. Overall I like them. Other than rolling on pavement I have no issues with them. A lot of times I can give it a quick counter steer when I see the inside tires start to lift off the ground and it will flop back down and save it.

. Will they hurt the performance of my truck in any way since they are bigger than the stock tires? I don't race, i just bash around and that's it.

Thanks
Cris

hey dude...have to disagree alittle. i have ran these tires....the first think you need to do is gear down. if not i GUARANTEE you will be replacing clutches with two tanks....ask ryugaiden! next...make sure that your steering servo can handle them. you can get HPI SF-5s off ebay all day for about $20...so go ahead and do that. if you don't have alum clutches ....i would get a set. the last set i got lasted me for a year and i bashed that truck HARD!!! listen to me dude.....been there....done it......got the shirt.....and broken parts to prove it!

Can you give more details about your truck? What model is it? What kind of clutch shoes? What is your gearing? I have an XL with 16/52 gearing and it wheelies real easy now that the k5.9 is running good. I use DYNP5180 Dynamite Max-Life clutch shoes. One gallon down and no loss of performance yet.

mine was 17/52 with xl chlutch setup.to use that combo....you have to dremel about 2 mm off the TVP so it will slide over enough to get the proper mesh. its was technically an xl that i norrowed down to an X.. OOOOHHH> and with that gear combo i used the X engine plate.....not the XL. couldn't get the XL engine plate to work with that combo.

Members online

Back