HPI Pre Painted Lids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIRLYPANTS

Hi all, just out of interest, I was wondering what you guys or girls think the best pre painted savage shell is

for me I prefer the gt2 blue, its not ott on the paint job and i like the shape

I always prefer to buy my shells clear and paint them myself, much better than a pre done one which someone else has too.....

I just buy the unpainted gt2 bodies and bash until I need to replace it. That way I don't care when I scratch it up. Never had a need for my basher to be pretty.

well ive bought a gt3 clear and having some pro airbrush guy shoot paint on it, I'm thinking that i should have given him a gt2 now, perhaps if wife allows me ill get gt2 done as well, never the less, do you think the pre painted shells are a bit naff ?

forgot to add, this isnt a dig at hpi

Last edited:
well ive bought a gt3 clear and having some pro airbrush guy shoot paint on it, I'm thinking that i should have given him a gt2 now, perhaps if wife allows me ill get gt2 done as well, never the less, do you think the pre painted shells are a bit naff ?

forgot to add, this isnt a dig at hpi
I always buy the clear shell cause I'm retired and love to use my airbrush. Cost wise, I probably spend more doing my own, but I like em purty. AS far as which one to get, I like all the bodies, and you should go with the one you like. After all, you are the one you have to please. I'm presently working on a 1970 Challenger from HPI, and the plastic is so thin on the front of the body, it scares me. It's weird, cause the rest of the body is thick like all the bodies I've had from HPI. I've done mostly HPI bodies, and a couple traxxas ones. Getting ready to do a couple ProLine, or ProForm whatever they are, for a friend. I like a couple bodies they have, so I'll find out if I want them. I like to use HPI, because they have the mounting holes marked, and are covered with film. And oo course, they always fit right. Have a great day Girlypants!

so far no one but me likes any of the pre painted lol, i too like to have a custom paint job on a shell, i was just wondering which of the pre painted people like,
cant get a straight answer :D

That GT-2 Painted body on HPI's site is lookin really good, But I like the GT-3 too. If I had to make a choice between the 2, I'd get the GT-2, and then I'd get the GT-3!!!

I got myself the GT-3 as I like the purple, yellow, grey, white splatter all over them! Shows up well over grass and makes nice eye candy!!
I am on the look out for a nice vintage looking truck body. Have see several but since I'm not ready to buy one yet....will slowly decide before pressing the button.
However I do like the pre-painted splatter schemes...mostly the brighter colored ones.

Of the pre-painted ones, I prefer the GT-3.

Particularly in the Silver/Black(#109883) or Grey/Red/Black(#105898)

Although I think the the QR code on the bed is ridiculous and looks tacky as hell, Com'on HPI.

I mean how would that play out?

"Here Steve, I can't tell you what this here contraption is, but if you scan that there little QR code we can find out what the blast it is!"

Members online

Back