HPI K 4.6 engine problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey anyone had problems with the K4.6. I have given mine a good thrashing in the past and now it seems to have lost alot of compression. I can pull start it one handed and the car doesnt lift of the ground it is really hard to start now too. I have stripped the engine and all loos ok the piston is resonably tight in the sleve. Does anyone know what might be the problem. Have I cooked it or blown the head. When i finally get it started it runs for about 30 secs and stalls. No fuel is getting sucked into the carby. My filter came off one day and got a little sand in the carb by I blew it all out. The pull start should have heaps of compression am I right.

Dan

When was the last time u changed the plug??? have u ever sealed it up
If I was u I would have taking it all apart if I found sand in my carb... i took mine all apart just because I had water go down my carb

You say it has loss compression...Well you have answered your own question. I would have suggested a pinch but with the sand in the carb incident I would go with a new engine. Sand will eat up everything, it's the worst thing that can happen to an engine. This is a prime example of why your filter should be secured to the carb neck and never taken off until the truck is clean.

silverback2002 said:
My filter came off one day and got a little sand in the carb by I blew it all out.

Theres your problem. One grain of sand can destroy an engine. Not only the piston and sleeve, but also the crank where it seals under the carb base. You may still feel pinch, but hairline scratches that you can barely see in the sleeve will cost you compression.

Been there, done that.

sory about your loss u can get a better mill (suggection) >>> surefire .32

Latest posts

Members online

Back