Hpi hump pack review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisw

To fast for my own good
www.hpiracing.com

Written by:Chris Wontor

Part number:2012

Product:Hpi hump battery pack 6v 1200mah/NI-M

Price:$32.00

Tested on:Hpi savage 25

The hpi hump pack is a great upgrade for any racer or basher.I got better response from my servos.Truck turn alot faster.I got four hours of run time out of a three hour charge.Install was a little tricky due to truck being a 25 and failsafe had to be installed on the battery box cover due to all the wires.I would suggest this upgrade to who ever owns a r/c car or truck.I would also like to thank mega,sj,crash and all the other mod for letting me do this review.I will update this review as i get more run time in,its a little hard due to the wet weather here in p.a.Ran the truck again today all i have to say is wow this is a must upgrade don't know why i didnt buy one when i frist got the truck.Run time got a little longer only charged it for 2 hours and ran it for about four hours today.Eveyone should have one,it is a must for r/c cars and trucks.One thing i will be doing is getting the new style battery box and installing a charging port so i don't have to take the battery out to charge it also getting a power level indicator.Will post more pics when i do these upgrades.Thanks again guys and girls

Product rating;
Quality-9 (it is a hpi product)
Install-6 (do to it being a 25 and having body clips holding cover on)
Performance-9
Durability-9 (so far)
Directions-? (it a battery not that hard to install)
Maintenance-9 (just charge and go)

Pics of product installed:

Any suggestions to improve this review or future ones are more then welcome.Thanks for your time
Chris W

Last edited by a moderator:
great start to the review!! and the fact that its a upgrade that most will do eventually is a plus as well!! good job!! heres some reps for the effort!

Good job bud. keep it updated.

Good review, a hump pack was my first upgrade i bought after I got my 4.6 And there is a great difference than AA's especially with my new Hitec 645MG servos.

i got a futaba plug in charger,small one that just plugs in wall.Sooner or later i am going to get a better one, it takes like 3 or 4 hours to get a good charge

well if you have a charger for your roto-start battery chances are it is capable of charging a hump pack as well...... with the proper connector (included with some chargers)... that being said i use a dynamite prophet (around $30 - $35)

i am going to redo all the pics in my review my wife delete all of them should be fixed soon

Members online

No members online now.
Back