HPI E Savage batt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmansavage

Hi I am picking up a all stock E Savage it has 1500 batts comein with it new to whole rc world and want to know what batt will get the best performance outa truck thanks for all and any help

do you know if it is LiPo capable?? if it is go with some decent 50c 5000 mah 2s and it will get with it pretty good, if it is NiMH only then try to get at least 5000 mah 6 cell and it will still move along pretty well.....

Ok thanks for your help not real sure if it is LiPo capable and do you know if it is hard to switch it to brushless I do know it brushed motors

to go brushless you will need an ESC (if yours is not compatible) and motors, may as well go LiPo if going brushless to get the most from the system and vehicle......

Thanks for all your help and info I have learned a lot from this forum glad I am apart of it...

To be clear, if it is not a LiPo capable ESC, you can still run LiPo, it just won't have the built in low voltage alarm. If you do that, just buy a low voltage alarm and either attach it to the truck some how or check the battery from time to time.

The more important value is the voltage the ESC is rated to, that tells you how many cells you can run in your batteries. The E-savage I looked at seems to be capable of 14.4V. That would mean that 4s is likely a bit high (16.8V fully charged). So it seems you can either run 3s LiPo or two 6 cell NiMH batteries.

Ok thanks from what I have seen it runs on two NiMH 6 cell batteries but if I am understanding you correctly I can run a 3s LiPo thank you for all the help

Latest posts

Members online

Back