HPI D Box 2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Williams

Please someone tell me how to fit this devise does it go both ways around `flat` and `sideways`? I need to know as I'm fitting them to my car very soon but want to do it right ive seen on you tube people mounting them on its side but the car I'm looking to put it on i think it will be able to only go flat so my question is can you mount this devise flat? Thanks.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/produc...bskZ_0KMIZu9_QNne3gnb2jYv2Y8AvnxoCw8wQAvD_BwE

1688590547330.png

I would try it both ways for mounting, but there are no mounting directions it seems by reading the ad provided, servo tape or velcro is cheap enuff, trying both ways should not be an issue....

All you need to do is check the instructions on the HPI website, I did it by the way, it says it should be mounted vertically.
Screenshot_20230706-182349_Drive.jpg

Thats the way ive seen it done but not allways possible to fit like that on all cars.
All you need to do is check the instructions on the HPI website, I did it by the way, it says it should be mounted vertically.
View attachment 11536
Anyway I'm getting the skyrc ones like yours and ive seen how youve mounted it flat well that would work great on the Savage and Baja. :)

Thats the way ive seen it done but not allways possible to fit like that on all cars.

Anyway I'm getting the skyrc ones like yours and ive seen how youve mounted it flat well that would work great on the Savage and Baja. :)
Aswell i meant 2 skyrc gyros for the Savage and Baja .and one HPI D box2 for the Bullet

To be honest, the HPI gyro has a bad design anyway. If we mount it vertically as HPI wants, it will be a pain in the ass to access the adjusting screw inside the box

To be honest, the HPI gyro has a bad design anyway. If we mount it vertically as HPI wants, it will be a pain in the ass to access the adjusting screw inside the box
Il have a fiddle about with it i have good idea what to do now :)

I honestly see no need of one of these in a basher, I mean I can run the throttle and brake and steer my own rig. These are just a bit spendy for what they offer, and to me they dull the feel to me. I would much rather spend money on fuel or parts... I turned off the TSM in my Traxxas TRX4 because I just did not like how it worked....

I honestly see no need of one of these in a basher, I mean I can run the throttle and brake and steer my own rig. These are just a bit spendy for what they offer, and to me they dull the feel to me. I would much rather spend money on fuel or parts... I turned off the TSM in my Traxxas TRX4 because I just did not like how it worked....
Yeah your right Jam, got nowhere to fit in only flat which doesnt work and thinking about it i may aswell save my money! :)

Completely, unless you want to drive really fast, 60/70 mph and faster, there is no need for a gyro.

But i thought it helped the Baja launch in a straight line..
It will help, but it will also increase the turning circle, which makes avoiding trees and other stuff harder, because while you're trying to turn, the gyro is trying to make the car go straight. Of course it all depends on how you adjust the gyro... a gyro is nice when it helps you without you noticing it is there

Well my Savage is all over the place at the moment so it may work we will see. Also those tyres balloon like mad its quite bad I'm worried about blowing a tyre will definitely get belted next time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back