hpi baja axles on a flux...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pietrOmertaBMC

hello i wondered if somebody has allready done that?

i'm trying to do it but if somebody tried it allready plz let me know.

the first problem was to find bearings that would fit, standard bearing size is 8x16x5.
Baja axles are 12mm and flux are 8mm so i would need 12x16x5 bearings so after some searching the only suitable bearings are needle bearings.

the only ones i could find have the folowing dimensions 12x16x10 so 5mm wider than stocks.

ShowImage.aspx

when everything arrives i'll see what i'll do but i guess the best thing to do will be to dremel the whole inside of the wheel carriers to fit the entire needle bearing instead of 2 seperate ones. it's aprox the same width.

Do you guys think the axle will slide to much like that or will it be okay, the dogbone will push it outwards and with the wheel hexes on it it will stay put i guess?

anyway i'll try it as soon as i get all the things i ordered to do this but if somebody has any tips or... plz post them!

cheerz

How are you going to fit the Baja's Drive cups into an XL's diff case? IMO that wont work at all. Also remember the general rule, when you toughen up 1 part of said truck there will ALWAYS be a new weaker link like your drive axle down the middle.

i'll see i guess, won't use the baja cups on the diffs, just the axles in the wheelhubs btw.

i'll recieve most of it this week so i'll post some pics as i try not to fail to much :)

An dogbone connects the diff cups to the wheel cup, so if you use a Baja wheel cup(axle) then you'd need to use the Baja dogbone and diff cups(which won't fit in a savage one) sorry if I'm visualizing this wrong or misunderstanding

i want to use a baja drive axle in my savage flux so i want to use the flux dogbones, the cups and all the standard flux stuff. Only the baja axle and bearings will be different to make it fit or so i hope ;)

picture this:

flux hd diff cup - hd flux dogbone - baja axle + needle bearing - wheel carriers - baja wheel hex ;)

so i'll probably have a big problem that the flux dogbone will be waaay to small for the baja cup but we will see hehehe maybe i can fix it in some way.

Thats what I was talking about. If you know a machinist he could fab something up. Like an insert but that will be most likly to break

thought it wasnt gonna be such a difference but it seems it does. Since i cant see it in front of me i don't know what i can come up with but probably
someone who can machine something or weld a baja dogbone end on a flux bone :) will be fun to make it work!

is there anybody who could weld baja dogbone balls on the stock flux dogbones?

i think this will be the easiest solution.

i can post them to you and i will pay of course.

cheerz

Latest posts

Members online

Back