Hpi 5.9 crank bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crow11

Hi, new to the site,
Got a hpi savage 5.9, been sat in garage for years, thought I would get it going again but the crankshaft rear bearing as seized up due to a bit of condensation getting in, managed to free it off but it's knackered, stripped engine and took bearing out but no markings on it to get a replacement, it measures roughly 24mm wide, 14mm internal and 6mm deep, but don't have a micrometer to measure exactly, does anyone know where to get a replacement or the actual exact size so I can try to source , cheers

wow got the black tvp in just 3 days from uk to california.. incredible. Robert even upgraded the shipping for free.

Hi, new to the site,
Got a hpi savage 5.9, been sat in garage for years, thought I would get it going again but the crankshaft rear bearing as seized up due to a bit of condensation getting in, managed to free it off but it's knackered, stripped engine and took bearing out but no markings on it to get a replacement, it measures roughly 24mm wide, 14mm internal and 6mm deep, but don't have a micrometer to measure exactly, does anyone know where to get a replacement or the actual exact size so I can try to source , cheers
What 5.9 mill has your savage got, a K5.9 or an F5.9. If it is a K5.9 which it sounds like it is then the bearing size is 24mm OD x 14mm ID x 6mm thick. not sure what the F4.6 bearing size is.

Hi, new to the site,
Got a hpi savage 5.9, been sat in garage for years, thought I would get it going again but the crankshaft rear bearing as seized up due to a bit of condensation getting in, managed to free it off but it's knackered, stripped engine and took bearing out but no markings on it to get a replacement, it measures roughly 24mm wide, 14mm internal and 6mm deep, but don't have a micrometer to measure exactly, does anyone know where to get a replacement or the actual exact size

Hi, new to the site,
Thanks for the reply, I'm not to sure which 5.9 engine it is, I have the book somewhere for it I will have to try find it, cheers

Sorry posted the head for a f3.5, this is the cooling head for a F5.9. The K series 5.9s had HPI Racing Big Block Power printed on the top, the F5.9s just had HPI on them.
1677618975094.png

Last edited:
No worries mate, but before you go changing the bearings i would check the rest of the mill as these have been discontinued for a long time now and parts like pistons & sleeves are now on none instinct. OWB are hard to find as is pull or roto starts. Plus they are a pig to tune. I have 3 of them and can't wait to get rid of them. Gas guezzerling nightmares are these mills.

Latest posts

Members online

Back