how to stop flux fires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Was talking today with an electric guy who shared some insite with me on why the 1/8 scale stuff has such a nasty habbit of blowing esc and motors. He aid it is all in the way most of them stop. Electric cars stop by using resistant pulses to simulate breaks but with the mass of the 1/8 scale stuff this burns up the esc and sometimes even the motor. A few companys including HB have fixed this by still using a break servo to do the breaking. I have come up with a way to do this on the flux using the 3rd channal mixing feature to apply the break servo just like you would on a nitro but you do loose reverse like this. Just thought I would share. Pics to come as I do this set up on the flux I am working on.

fire-prevention-extinguisher-use.jpg

:lmao:

Was talking today with an electric guy who shared some insite with me on why the 1/8 scale stuff has such a nasty habbit of blowing esc and motors. He aid it is all in the way most of them stop. Electric cars stop by using resistant pulses to simulate breaks but with the mass of the 1/8 scale stuff this burns up the esc and sometimes even the motor. A few companys including HB have fixed this by still using a break servo to do the breaking. I have come up with a way to do this on the flux using the 3rd channal mixing feature to apply the break servo just like you would on a nitro but you do loose reverse like this. Just thought I would share. Pics to come as I do this set up on the flux I am working on.

sorry for this noob question, i got 2 actually:

1. how do you mix 3rd channel servo with esc? do you use Y cable?
2. can dx3s do the 3rd channel mix? i bought mine 2nd hand so i don't have the manual. might try to download them after this.

sorry for this noob question, i got 2 actually:

1. how do you mix 3rd channel servo with esc? do you use Y cable?
2. can dx3s do the 3rd channel mix? i bought mine 2nd hand so i don't have the manual. might try to download them after this.

hey I also got my DX3S 2nd hand i found the manual over the net i will pm u the manual when i get home and yes you can do 3rd channel mixing on it but the manual doesn't really show how so u need to experiment with it to learn how.

Last edited by a moderator:
one thing that i have heard that helps with the blur and mmm is to make sure the brakes are turned down a bit. and you should never have it set to go from forward straight to reverse. its fine on small 2wd brushed elec but the big monsters are terrible with that set up. i've had a mmm since early march and its still fine, and i'm not easy on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back