How to: put LST shocks on you're savage without the LST conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they're obviously heavier than alot of other wheel/tyre combos, but the tyres are low profile and have strong side walls, so they handle pretty good. The downside is they are slow to get going, so you loose some acceleration. The upside is the extra top end you get once your up to speed. You can hear those tyres coming down the road from along way off ! :hardlaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bidding on some LST shocks for my Savage X 4.6 right now. So once I have them (fingers crossed) do I only need the top braces from IRC or do I also need the bits that go on the a-arms? I'm running the x a-arms that come on the sav x 4.6. Also I have a set of 1/2 offset maximizers on order so should have the turning clearance I hope.

IRC have these X arm shock mounts. Are they really needed or will a longer bolt be enough?
http://www.innovative-rc.com/produc...d=291&osCsid=7501f90a00a2845489c34ff4168db1aa

IMO you need nothing more than 4 washers behind each of the shocks.

And IRC's customer service stinks big time nowadays so i would not recommend buying from them.

Good luck in you're quest of getting you're LST shocks.

yeah turboit I'm using the flm standoffs...
flash , u need to get some washers or they are like collars about 1/4" long and u put them on the shock to the arm..i don't reccomend getting the irc savy x arm adapters cause it makes the shock sit way to close to the chassis and the truck doesn't ride right..

I have a complete set of 4 plastic lst shocks that I'm not using. If anyone would want them let me know.

ya after reading this alot of people may be kicking themselves for investing all the money into the conversion kit but time will tell so keep us posted!!!

nah I'm good with mine. it doesnt look right at all...

Yes you can, but they are at a pretty deep angle. That may cause some issues. You will also need to run offset rims. They will not fit with 0 offset rims. It's also better to buy the standoffs for these.

Latest posts

Members online

Back