How to: put LST shocks on you're savage without the LST conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samrsnow

AKA glue sniffer
First off here is what you will need

1: 4 LST shocks
2: 16 washers (4 behind each shock)
3: 8 stock ball ends from the stock shocks
4: 4 screws that are 1/8th of an inch longer than the stock ones that go on the a-arm

Note:make sure you use the little washer that goes behind the the little nut on the front of the shocks backwards.

OK now here is everything

shock,screw,ball joint and washer you will need the same amount as i mentioned above

IMG_0733.jpg

Now pop the plastic ball joint out of the shock like so
IMG_0735.jpg

This is what the screw assembly will look like
IMG_0840.jpg

With the screws in the shocks not you can now put them on!
IMG_0842.jpg

All done!!
IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam you want the stand offs for the shocks ?
How you have it will destroy the top caps...

Sam, have you done the back also? I am curious to how they fit with turnbuckles or tank. What's the mm on the LST shocks?

Thanks man +1 rep.

Maybe I should have started this thread a few days ago when I posted mine like this....lol....

Bank is right though you need the lst shock specific bushings for the top shock mounts.

100_1541.jpg

The losi part # for the upper shock bushings is B2900. It is a shock hardware package.

I'm glad the word is getting out because I bet a ton of people have paid for conversions when they didn't need them.

ya after reading this alot of people may be kicking themselves for investing all the money into the conversion kit but time will tell so keep us posted!!!

Well sounds like a good idea or at least i thought so.I tried this over a year ago and it flexed the shock towers so bad that I had to replace bent shock shafts every time I hit a big jump or blow the caps off the top of the shocks just my 2 cents

They look like theyre on a pretty deep angle. Let us know if it works out.
I have a set of IRC brackets for the arms. That will decrease the angle some LMK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you're right...I might just need those brackets. Its fine until further notice tho!

And i also have NO bread ties or rubber bands on the truck anymore just so ya know Jim ;)

May I ask, why fit them instead of hop up HPI units?

Also I have noticed that a few of you have cable tied around the fron bumper stays/in front of the inner suspenios shafts... why?

May I ask, why fit them instead of hop up HPI units?

Also I have noticed that a few of you have cable tied around the fron bumper stays/in front of the inner suspenios shafts... why?
grab those bumper mounts & pull them apart & you can see how your pins can fall out easily.... the wire-tie prevents the mounts from spreading, keeping your pins from falling out...

They look like theyre on a pretty deep angle. Let us know if it works out.
I have a set of IRC brackets for the arms. That will decrease the angle some LMK.
i have a a set of the same shocks & have looked at a lot of pics & noticed the difference in geometry here also.... sammy, let us know how things work out after a good bashin' bro, hope it all works out ok...

grab those bumper mounts & pull them apart & you can see how your pins can fall out easily.... the wire-tie prevents the mounts from spreading, keeping your pins from falling out...

Thanks. Now, could anybody let me know the advantages of fitting these shocks????

Sorry to rain on your parade samrsnow, but have you tried the steering at full lock yet ? I think you'll find some major interference with those wheels....I know from personel experience. :resp:

It really is personal preference Adam...I run lst2 shocks, hpi big bores and stock.
Stock shocks really do work very well when you find the right shock oil/springs for your driveing stlye, the lst2 shocks let you run one per corner and have alot of beef but with that come weight, the hpi big bores give you beef and are just a little heavier then 2 stock shocks.

My point is if it aint broke and your low on cash upgrade something else...just my 2 cents.

will this work on the savage x as well?

Yes this works great on a Savage X. All you need are a set of Lst style shocks from any of the lst platforms(lst, lst2, raminator, aftershock, mega baja) the upper shock mounts for the lst shocks, and longer mounting bolts for both upper and lower mounts on your savage. It is preferred to use a long enough bolt on the arms to be able to put a locknut on the end.

Also you will HAVE to run OFFSET wheels to get enough clearance when you turn with the lst shocks because of how big they are.

I wanted to use 40 series tyres and Pro-line beadlocks, so I used THESE. They are not meant for wheel spacing, but with some slight mods they are perfect. Screw them onto my 23mm hexes and it's ready to rip.

Failing that the method shown below also works.
IMG_0625.jpg
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Members online

Back