how to make a on board glo ignitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dxtreme

has anyone done this yet? i read somewhere that you could use 2 aa batteries with a switch and run a plug to the glo ignitor and run the other end to the chassis. is this possible. just trying to find another option that carrying around the glo ignitor.

a friend of mine has done this and to do it he used

traxxas plug lead ( that is the blus plug lead )
2xAA rechagreable batterys 800mah
and just from your local hardwear shop a red button

the 2xAA batterys sat in a 4x battery holder witch had been made to work with only 2x AA battery and the other side he put the button then solder red wire to blue traxxas lead and the black wire to the engie mount and it works fine but he only use it when he has had it up and running not from cold

so if it cuts out or rolls over then cuts out he walks over holds the red button and just gives her a pull and she running again but to do that
it easyer just to put in your pocket your glow starter stick thing

I agree, onboard glo ignitors are a battery drain first off. Enough roll overs you break the wire. Lastly what good is it if you have to walk over to rotostart/pull start it? The Losi Ten-T I have i awesome tho. Built in glo start AND roto start =P

On a side note, you don't wanna use 2 AA or 2 of any size battery. You'll burn up the glow plug real quick. The glow plugs are designed to operate only at 1.2-1.5v. Wiring 2 batterys will be 2.2-3v and that's over kill for a glow plug.

with only one AA battery it only last about 30 mins of use so if your out bashing for the day you will have to go back to a glow plug starter i have seen some where someone fitted a traxxas starter system to there savage how i don't know and they had to move fuel tank

in regardes to the volt of the glow starter I'm useing a 2v 1500Mah battery
and like i said my mate useing the 2xAA batterys and had no problems
but to save money and time stick to the glow starter sticks there are design for the glow plugs so you don't end up like matey said kill them and they last for a long time unless you charge them wrong

all i will add is my other mate has a traxxas t-maxx one of the new ones and he carrys 2x 4500mah 7.2volt batterys due to the starter system just runs them flat. you can not beat a good old pull start and glow starter stick

sometimes less is more!

Latest posts

Members online

Back