How to Install Fioroni "Turbo Twin" Sliding Clutch system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

This is my how to install the Fioroni "turbo twin" sliding Clutch system, this is my first how to so please bare with me. i seen a few people wonder how they are installed so i thought since i have them i would do this to help others out that want them but are confused as to how they are installed. they are really easy to install, that was a BIG plus for me, lol.

if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask and i will do my best to answer them, if i don't know someone will.

first make sure you have all your parts you will need (here are the links to those parts) thats all thats needed.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...Carbon-Turbo-Twin-Sliding-Clutch--Clutch-Shim
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...ywheel--Nut-Universal-Fits-Mugen-TTR-OFNA-etc

now take the springs and make a loop out of them one side has a hook and the other a loop make them like this
IMAG0064.jpg

after that install them in the "shoes" (best thing to call them) but make sure you do not roll them in it says that in the instructions why i don't know but just push them straight in gently so you don't damage the shoes.
IMAG0063.jpg

the thin shoes gets one spring and the thicker ones gets either one or two i put in two myself it says you can just put one but for a savage i felt i needed two.

now the flywheel goes one just like any other flywheel first the collet then the flywheel, but on the nut there is two sides on one side of the nut the threads go all the way to the top and then the other side the threads are indented a little make sure you have the side with the threads indented facing the fly wheel i made this mistake once and it was a bugger to get back off, it won't tighten all the way other wise. the nut gets stuck on the collet and like i said is a bugger to get back off.
IMAG0061.jpg

then take the thin shoes and make sure the side that shows the springs is facing down toward the flywheel.
IMAG0062.jpg

then install the thick shoes the springs will face up with those ones
IMAG0060.jpg

now the kit comes with a copper shim
fio-ot-fr56.jpg

you can use it or you don't have to either way, but looking at the shim on one side there is a slit raise around the center hole, if you do put it on make sure that is facing up. then your CB goes on just like normal you may have to shim your CB to get a good fit but that is all there is too it see simple. hope this was of some help for those of you that weren't quit sure about how to install them thanks for reading.

shark

I am definitely thinking of getting this setup. I'm not sure if i need to adjust the weights on my nova shoes but it takes a little throttle for them to hit and id like better response.
I have heard nothing but good things about this setup.

You do NEED that copper shim or the shoes will twist and hang up against the CB.

oh well i didn't know that i was just going by the instructions that i downloaded from there site i will put that shim back then i think i took it out cause my CB wouldn't spin freely with it in but i can't remember. thanks pope

oh well i didn't know that i was just going by the instructions that i downloaded from there site i will put that shim back then i think i took it out cause my CB wouldn't spin freely with it in but i can't remember. thanks pope

You will have that problem you need the nova motor mount with that clutch so you can slide the motor back so that the CB doesn't rub against the spur gear.

sorry. the nova motor mount is well worth it though. 7075 alum makes it super strong and a great heat sink.

I'm running the FLM mount. Can the Nova mount still be found anywhere since they went out of business?

I have not used another motor mount since I got my nova ones but the hpi HD spurs are thin and may work you would have to try one

no only the nova one is adjustable side to side AND front to back.

I agree on the Nova mounts. Novaracing went out of business. The king of cooling heads gone after all these yrs. Alza would build a 7075 alloy engine mount that would be a great call.

]-[0pa]0ng;199274 said:
I agree on the Nova mounts. Novaracing went out of business. The king of cooling heads gone after all these yrs. Alza would build a 7075 alloy engine mount that would be a great call.

Brian, if you wanna get talk to Alza about and get the ball rollin, I'll let him borrow mine for the measurements he would need. And preferably get it back unscratched cuz I had it ano'd black.

I have used the fioroni with even the stock engine mount and it works fine just make sure as stated in the earlier post that is is not binding anywhere. What collet are you using

Latest posts

Members online

Back