How to fix half tank lean cheep. NO MODS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I love simple solutions they are the best.
Thankyou!!!!
Jay

^^^this thread hasn't been replied to since 2010. it's unlikely that anyone but me will reply. if u want pics, I suggest that u start a new thread. it will get a lot more attention

^^^this thread hasn't been replied to since 2010. it's unlikely that anyone but me will reply. if u want pics, I suggest that u start a new thread. it will get a lot more attention
I noticed the date and thought there was a new tank design or something because there were no more replies...thanks.

Yes it is nut. But please don't try to buy one, I've had it. The screws constantly sheer off for the mounts to the transmission. No give at all with that setup, you just end up breaking other stuff.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the stock plastic savage x roll bar/ engine cover hoop is all you need. :)

Yes it is nut. But please don't try to buy one, I've had it. The screws constantly sheer off for the mounts to the transmission. No give at all with that setup, you just end up breaking other stuff.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the stock plastic savage x roll bar/ engine cover hoop is all you need. :)
I have found that the stock roll bar gives to much and does not keep this from happening to cooling head.

I have the exact parts on mine flipped it alot and aint hit the head yet, course I always run a body on it too so added protection is nice to have..... course I also don't see why all that fuel tubing is needed either, to each his own I suppose....

I will point out that I said the savage x style roll bar/ engine hoop. You are clearly not running the engine hoop.

This is what I'm talking about:
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/85239

Yes I know what the x roll bar/engine hoop looks like. And that's what I am running on my truck. But no I was not running a body. I'm also a rookie nitro driver. So maybe it is just that I can't handle the 4.6 power that well yet. I'm always flipping it over backwards even with my wheelie bar. lol

:D I always run a body on mine, the one time I didn't run one was when trying out my new truck and flipped over and took out the engine mount, fractured off 2 ears right off the thing.... no it wasn't a savage but still, just shows ya how much protection a body does offer......
Either way one does it, if ya wanna play ya gotta pay :D

:D I always run a body on mine, the one time I didn't run one was when trying out my new truck and flipped over and took out the engine mount, fractured off 2 ears right off the thing.... no it wasn't a savage but still, just shows ya how much protection a body does offer......
Either way one does it, if ya wanna play ya gotta pay :D
I need to get a body for mine. The grave digger one dose not fit with new cage. And the other body I have has never been run on truck and has fresh custom paint on it. I don't like it and want to sell it so don't want to scuff it all up.

I run the x engine hoop/ roll bar setup with a cheap never been painted body I've beat to hell. I was just out jumping and flipping it for a couple hours, landing on its roof a ton of times. There is not a single scratch on my cooling head.

Must be the body I guess lol. Because when i run x rollbar/hoop I feel like I can push hoop down past cooling head with my hand. So I know with a landing must put a lot more force than me pushing it down with my hand.

True in that also, but the body takes much of the force generated in a bad landing and spreads it out so overall it is better to run any body than nothing but the cage and roll hoop.....

Give it a shot, you won't be sorry. You want the cage to absorb the energy applied to it. That means bending. It also allows the cage to maintain it's shape with less breaks.

Meanwhile back at that half tank lean fix by running a few loops of fuel tube, how many of you think it will actually fix that problem??
I have my doubts on if it will help..

It's more of a help for if you land on your roof and can't get to it to roll it over quickly, than a fix for half tank lean.

I think most of the half tank lean has been addressed a long time ago by HPI, but I think some of the problem lies in the fact that the Savage uses a high mounted fuel pickup and if the pressure drops it can go lean. my Buggy for example uses a low fuel pickup at the bottom of the tank and it always runs well....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back