How to fix broken servo wire.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

I had my servo ext cut in half over the weekend and figured I would make a quick how to on fixing it. This can be used on servo's, ext's, ESC's, on off switchs just about anything.

1) Cut out bad section of wire. Seperate each wire and strip back.

6a110408.jpg

fb660b2a.jpg

2) put a peice of heat shrink big enough to fit over all three wires on and slide it to the end of the wire as far from the solder points as possible. Than use three thiner peices of heat shrink over each of the wires to be soldered.

bd96667f.jpg

3) Match up wires and twist them together, Than solder the same as you would tin the end of a wire.

e53a9a36.jpg

4) move smaller heat shrink over each joint and shrink.

f437c296.jpg

5) move larger heat shrink down over all three joints and shrink to hold the wires together as one. ( I did not do this as I was out of large heat shrink)

That's heat shrink tubing

umm, good thing you clarified that caz when i read your post:

4) move smaller heat shrink over each joint and shrink.

i musta somehow thought you actually applied liquid electrical tape with the brush even though i read & saw shrink tube.

sorry I'm such a n00fus

to help better out instead of soldering you can pick up a 10 dollor tool at radio shack called a sub d crimper pick up the servo connectors for cheap crimp the ends of servo wire and make a factory connection. but good write up none of the less

nice pics.

i like the liquid electrical tape also

lol, this sounds so random when i go back & read it. i like to slap a lil liquid elec. tape over the ends of the shrink tube to keep mother nature out.

lookin at the solder joints I'm guessing you have a solder iron much better than mine.

Dan the only problem with that is depending on where it breaks you may not be able to afford the loss in length.

Only up to 895. Plenty for most apps. Only thing you wold need more power for is soldering comutators to brushed motors but very few people do that.

Only up to 895. Plenty for most apps. Only thing you wold need more power for is soldering comutators to brushed motors but very few people do that.

Temperature Range: 392°- 896°F (200° - 480°C) yea I read it after I noobed up the tread out of laziness

You would love it freddy and a good solding iron is a must now that you have the flux.

Latest posts

Members online

Back