how to drill body holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrorich

this methoed works very well . use play dough on the bottom of the body were you think the body hole will go.spread the play dough across the body so it goes from one side to the other of the body.then line up the body with the body post makeing sure the body is stright then push the body on the post and it will leave a mark in the play dough then just drill out the marks and you have perfect body holes. to make the engine hole use the same methoed by putting the play dough on the cooling head and use a 2 inch hole saw it will be a perfect round hole that looks great

Does sound like it will make life easier. I always have troulbe with getting things to line up.lol. Have to try that next time.

great idea! another is to use model paint.
place one perfect drop on all four posts lightly put the bodie in place and bam you have your holes marked, i have no play doe laying arround or i would try that method as well, but i guess you could use gum

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep just be careful that it doesn t chip the paint f it s a custom painted body and not sealed.
Other method is to put a blindfold on and randomely drill holes until you hit the right spot.
Try it with a friend and take turns !!!
ok ok ... too much coffee this morning :p

Play dough, Plasticine, Blu-Tac, White-Tac, clay or even just a simple flour and water dough i think would suffice, but Vintage has a point, some play doughs etc are quite sticky/tacky so may end up pulling paint off with it when its removed, but i still like the idea.

yep gotta be careful,
what i usually do is using masking tape across the body, reducing the tack of the tape by sticking it to the carpet or my shirt 1st, then like mentionned before, put a lil drop or water based paint on each pole.
I drill a tiny hole with a drill and finish them with a reamer by hand .
To have perfectly even holes, mark your reamer with tape to the depth you want .

Members online

Back