How fast is your Savage in real MPH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bully

Ive come across multiple articles that say the top speed of a savage is like 36 or 37 MPH, is that stock? I saw a video on this site with the savage clocked at kph and at the end it said it did 50MPH... is that faster than normal super-fast or thats what everybody gets? I regularly run mine at a local county park and freqently cops hang out in there...they love to clock the savage-they think its so cool! Mines been clocked at 52mph consistently....what about yours How fast is your savage?

I clocked mine at 43mph, and if I hadda clocked it before the mini rebuild, I think it would have been a bit faster. Oh yeah, it would still pull wheelies across a parking lot.

I think I may have lost a bit of bite though, tires don't balloon as much, and I put on a fair amount of weight to the axles and differentials.

not sure, I do know I have waited for cars to come by and lanch it and keep up with them or passed. the speed limet is 45 on that road.

I got this old girl up to 38 and it was geared and set up for monster truck racing. Have no idea what it could do if it was set up for speed. It was the fastest bigblock at the race that day.
empty.gif

empty.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i hit 32mph yesterday on my 6th tank of fuel, i wasnt trying for top speed or anything....a guy at the onroad parking lot bash yesterday clocked it and told me my savage hit 32.

kinda cool.

I zip tied the GPS to my Savage and got 39mph. I was only able to get 37mph with the Zombies on. I am wanting to put a 3 speed on to get a little more top end.

Mines been clocked at 52mph consistently....what about yours How fast is your savage?
What pipe, tires, gearing, engine and trans are you running? Post a pic of your truck too.

I would guess mine runs in the low 40mph range with all the mods I have.

I want to get the gps unit for my eagle tree but I have no idea how just my cars are at the moment. I have a friend with a very small gps logger which I will borrow and maybe do some proper runs with. I think my nitro savage is my fastest car at the moment. The high speed third really pushed up it's top speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back