how do you remove the throttle servo from an xl savage nitro ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoraduntov

how do you remove the throttle servo ? from a savage xl nitro ?

how do you remove the throttle servo ? from a savage xl nitro ?

I've never worked on an XL, but I assume it is just like any other savage. Remove the electronics tray cover. Take of the servo horn. Disconnect the cable from the receiver. Take off the screws holding it to the box........BAM! it's out.

Directly under the air filter, next to the on/off switch there is a tab sticking up through the cover from the box below. Turn the tab, I believe 90 degrees, then the cover will lift up from that side. The front part of the cover also has tabs holding it down to the box internally, but those just slip out as you pull up on the back side.

omg I feel so dumb it was that simple

No worries, everyone has to learn.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

(sorry, seemed like a perfect time to use that old G.I. Joe slogan)

thank you…the stock servo throttle , opens the carb so slow

another problem…the rear drive shaft looks like it broke off a pin ..how do i fix it

Replace the drive shaft. Usually that means taking out the screws that attach the TVPs to the rear bulkhead. Then pulling it apart far enough for the drive shaft to come out.

Ah, you lost the grubb screw?

yea, that's pretty common. Or they back out and fall off alot too. Make sure you put some thread lock on that.

in the picture , there is a pin broken off into the shaft, how do i fix it?

Remove the driveshaft, then wiggle the drive cup until it falls out. Then replace the grubb screw.

if that don't work can always take a pin punch and drive out the broken pin......after all it is a SAVAGE right LOL

Members online

Back