How do yall do wheelies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

I have a stock savage 25 except for a motor saver air filter and I can't get it to do a wheelie on flat ground like other people have. :confused:

refer to the numerous other threads in the gear/engine subforum, or use the search. This has been answered. basically, if you're stock, then it's a tuning issue.

HPI_Savage25 said:
I have a stock savage 25 except for a motor saver air filter and I can't get it to do a wheelie on flat ground like other people have. :confused:

You have to be tuned right for one, another is what gearing do you have if its the stock 15cb 49spur you won't, switch your spur to a 52 that will help, also if you have enough confidence in yourself, do the port and polish and it will do even better. Here is a link to the p&p for the 25 http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/htpporting_1.asp

Another tip that will help is pull wheelies in the grass or get a up hill climb and it will. Mine stock with the 15cb 52 spur it would wheelie on a good day now with a p&p it will wheelie when I want it too. More things to try is a cold plug and 30% fuel, the fuel will make more power and you can it richer than stock and will run cooler as well.

I have the motor saver air filter & the HPI polished tuned pipe. I only have mine a quarter turn from stock settings on the HSN. I do wheelies all the time no problem. I can do 3 in a row if i want to!

are you tryin to do wheelies on cement???? because i don't think that you could do it just stock on cement, but on grass it should be doing wheelies

The stock tires don't help much either. Once you really get into the hop ups, you'll have a problem keeping the nose down. I did.

savage 25

HPI_Savage25 said:

:confused: i have the same wheelie problem i have stock 25 with upgraded air filter and exhaust

savage 25

HPI_Savage25 said:
i have a savage 25 it won't do wheelies either ad i have upgraded airfilter and exhaust

What gearing are you running? Run a 14cb and a 52spur that should help, plus it has to be tuned just right, and the conditions just right, I neve rcould get my stock savvy to wheelie all the time. But I have since port and polish the sleeve, and have the 3speed tranny and it will wheelie easier than stock. What pipe are you running? Get one made for torque, that will help in pulling wheelies too.

What do you think abput the HPI Ribbed Pipe? I'm thinking of getting that soon

literely u guys must have some serioues tuning issues......seriously....i got my savage 4.6 ss with a .21 in it not the k4.6 and if i didnt have the wheelie bar i would have half a heatsink by now...i can ride the whole street in a wheelie and pop wheelies all day everyday anyday....and with 17/49 gearing....AND my savage has like 1 inch ground clearance with 4 springs and 25W shock oil....AND i can pop wheelies even on loose gravel and WET and dry tarmac....hell ill even get a video for u guys....u prolly will have a heartattack ! o and my savage weighs like 8 kg's....2 sets of tvps on it and a whole bunch of other crap.... read my signature

HPI_Savage25 said:
What do you think abput the HPI Ribbed Pipe? I'm thinking of getting that soon
if u get that hpi ribbed pipe ur gona have nightmares.....its like ur running with no exhaust at all..not even a manifold and LOUDER !.....that thing is just LOUD !!!!! do not upgrade to that pipe..... ive got 1 and i regret buying it...loudest thing ever

well I'm running a savage .25 with a rd logics pipe that definetly takes a little bit from the low end, stock air filter and stock tires, roll cage, a rear diff locker...

well i cant complain i have a Savage with a Picco 28, 1-piece pipe, motor saver filter and 3-speed. VERY hard to keep the front end down. it'll wheelie everytime it shifts. I'm running 17/47 but i'm bumping it up to 20/47

Hey I would like to welcome you to the forum! You will love t in which I think i have been addicted to it ! lol... their is some very exsperienced people here

my savage 25 stock wouldn't wheelie if it's life depended on it, even with the tuned pipe, air filter, and a 3 speed. as soon as I installed my k4.6, the truck transformed into a wheelie king. I need the wheelie bar now, and I'm running a 16t CB, and a 48t spur. I have only seen 2 savages wheelie before that were stock, and the one had the 14t cb, and the 52t spur(on a savage 25), and the other was a stock savage x, and it's just insane. it's very hard to keep the front tires on the ground.

a savage 25 with a three speed should be doin wheelies when you want it to...

i put the wasp28 with a 52t spur gear........has tons of hopups & weights 14.2lbs..........it wheelies even if i don't wana......have to ease into the throttle if i wana keep the nose down.......that thing hauls tail too.....

I just got a new motor for my savage on the weekend. xtm 457 PRO 6 port. 3.8hp, and man, the savage can't keep the front wheels on the ground. during the part throttle driving during break-in, I couldn't keep the front wheels on the ground. great engine so far, but maybe a little over board for a savage.

Last edited by a moderator:
the XTM 4.56 (aka SH 28 Pro) is a very powerful motor and can easily destroy the drive train. make sure you have some spare bones, diff gears and get some Nova diff cups cause the stock ones wont handle the power.

have any prices for it?? B-Day is soon so i can get the extras...lol..i want a new motor but been waiting...i have been buying stuff like CRAZY

Latest posts

Members online

Back