how do I get pre-glued tyres off the rims?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashard

Nitro Nutcase.
I bought a set of pre-glued super mudders + rims but after putting them on I found out that one of them is wobbling.
I want to get it off and reglue it but how do I get it off?
can I put it in hot water with some soap to get the CA glue off?
I have to be sure it works cause I don`t want to find out that it didn`t work after I have dipped it in hot water.
once the insert gets wet I won`t be able to dry it without the tyre coming off and I don`t want to ruin a new tyre by just ripping it off.

thanks in advance!

Ok. What I did was put them in boiling water and use uni-cure. Then I got a hobby knife and cut the rubber as CLOSE to the rims AS POSSIBLE. took a while though.

Ok. What I did was put them in boiling water and use uni-cure. Then I got a hobby knife and cut the rubber as CLOSE to the rims AS POSSIBLE. took a while though.

thanks for the reply!
were you able to re-use the tyre?
I like those super mudders too much to ruin one of them.
I had dirt bonz before the super mudders but the dirt bonz have too much grip in my opinion, if I made a high speed turn my sav tends to drive on 2 wheels but with the super mudders I can let it slide & drift.
anyway, I`ll never buy pre-glued rims+tyres again.

lol. Yes i DID reglue them. I had stripped the hex on the rim so I just got 4 new rims for Xmas and did what is above and reglued them. So far i have NOT had ANY troubles. I have the stock tires also.

boil them and you can re use the tire :D done it many times

might mess up the chrome on the plastic tho not sure

cool I'm also going to try duct tape on the inside to prevent ballooning. I'm in the process of rebuilding the front end. My buddy was doing a high speed pass, he was drifting it around a corner and smashed into the stands.

oh,almost forgot my rims look like s#*t now. whats a good brand of paint for rims. thanks once again to all for the help. Peace.

speaking of

Speaking of duct taping the inside of the tires. We recently did a pair of my buddies and we used gorilla tape. Its from the makers of gorilla glue. This stuff has no chance in hell of ever coming off unless you started with a horribly unclean surface. I'm loving gorilla tape right now.

I was interested in the super mudders but not the premounted ones just the tires on another set of rims!! How do they perform any input??

cool I'm also going to try duct tape on the inside to prevent ballooning. I'm in the process of rebuilding the front end. My buddy was doing a high speed pass, he was drifting it around a corner and smashed into the stands.

better thing is the packing tape with nylon in it, the thinner stuff 3/4. i used o have a tutorial for it wish i didnt lose it

but just turn the tire inside out and wrape it around a few times, then ca glue it in place once the glue dries good u can turnt he tire rightside way and it wont balloon at all really

Would dye work on chromed rims. Anyway it's too late everythings already glued together came out nice. (exept rims). I've been looking into a wheel and tire set. I saw these at my LHS.

http://www.hpiracing.com/piw4.php?part=4728

they are huge. Peace

Got 'em...love 'em. (see them on my rig in the pic section or my gallery) They barely distort at high speed. They have great tracktion on the pavement and awesome grab in the dirt and grass. Plus like you said.."They're huge!!"

Latest posts

Members online

Back