How did you end up with a savage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine 2 years ago in Cali when I was working. I went in to buy a e-maxx and saw the xl and there was no comparison... LOL.

I got my first r/c back in 1993. It was an AE rc10 pro. Lost interest after a year. Then about 3 years ago I got an losi aftershock. It is fun to drive. Then I got the bug to have more. You know how it goes. So now I have 2 savages/aftershock/ofna truggy. I had a couple buggys but I like the bigger stuff.

I started first with electric planes. I flew my plane into a very high tree with the help of a big gust of wind. It was to high to get it down so I just left it.lol. It was a cheap one anyway. A bunch of friends all had Revo's and LST's. I saw how much fun they were having doing jumps and all that. I did not want to go with the flow so I got the XL when it was released. I have never looked back.

I stated with nitro aircraft. I did that for a few years and always wanted a bad arse truck but liked flying. Well a few years back I hit the deck back to back with two different planes and it broke my spirit for flying a bit. I rebuilt one plane. Then I got a Xss kit to replace the other hole in my heart. From there it was all about making it better. One made 2 two made 3 then I realized there is no need for 3 savages... So I stripped one for parts kept two of my CF builds and then started building a flux. So will be 3 again .. I also have 1 plane 2 hellis and a truggy

here's mine.

i started with a 1/10 drift and touring early 2007. but i rarely go to the race track and i got a football field in front of my house and no one using it. i don't want to waste it so i buy a 1/12 unknown brand truck. then i started make jumps and parts broken.

since lhs don't have the parts, i started to think, why not buy an MT with lots of parts. so i buy a 1/10 HSP Brontosaurus and upgrade it with brushless. then i start stripping diff. from 4wd it become 2wd and finally 0wd. i did replace them but finally i realized i stripped and buy too much diff i can actually buy a new Brontosaurus.. huh.

so i think again, why not buy an MT that have lots of parts in lhs and also tough. so i gather information around and buy a used savage 25 early of year 2008.. i've to admit i got luck that the savage was in perfect condition and i don't do anything but bash it around with no worry. so my knowledge of the savage was only glow plug, ignitor, pullstart.

on october 2008 i realize its only a month before my marriage and i'm stuck to get money i have to sell my savage 25. its a bad feeling.

then i started collecting money again and finally i have enough to buy a 2nd hand savage around march 2009. so i buy it and no luck this time. it was messed up so i have to study and repair it. that is when i found this forum. (thanks HPISF) only by reading others problem and thread i finally solved my problem and get i run.

finally i realize i still kept my drift and touring car so long it collecting dust too much (huh, why don't i sell it earlier..) so i sold them and then end up with 3 savage now. I got XSS, Flux, and a heavily alloy upgraded X. normally the alloy one i lend to my little bro becoz its slow but tough.

Um for my 13th birthday my Dad got me a Savage X F4.1
It all started when i went to my Uncles he had a Revo 3.3 and ever since that day iv always wanted one and then i got one, thank god it was a Savage not Traxxas xD

My dad raced rc when i was young. got my traxxas rustler when i was 6. built it up and tried to race. Finally at the age of 16 my dad decided to go nitro. went in for a tmaxx(cheaper) came out with a savage. Best day of my life

He was hesitant because he liked traxxas and never heard of hpi before

My dad raced rc when i was young. got my traxxas rustler when i was 6. built it up and tried to race. Finally at the age of 16 my dad decided to go nitro. went in for a tmaxx(cheaper) came out with a savage. Best day of my life

He was hesitant because he liked traxxas and never heard of hpi before

lol thank god... Tmaxx /savage no comparison... revo /savy is another fight for a another year

for me it started back when i was 11 i got a traxxas nitro sport and my dad got a 2.5 t maxx. ive been getting faster and faster cars since then, and last christmas i got a savage.

the kid who lived next to me got a grand of rc stuff from his folk for x-mas in 2002, and that what got me into the hobby (after starting his rc boat on fire) i started with a rc10 t3 long time ago but i ended up with a savage 21 by trading a kid at school my modded xbox, in 2004 i think. now it sits in my room waiting for a rebuild (turning it into a racer all ready started spending on it)

i took over a year off, but i read this thread and had to respond. i went to buy a t-maxx 2.5 when they first hit. tower was sold out and the savage was a possible sub. three savy's later and alot of money i'm still sold! but i do have a revo, it's no where like a savy thats why i got one traxxas prod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had been looking at the MGT 8.0.Went to the lhs and the guy told me that you don't want that.. Here is what you want and told me to watch this dvd..It was awsome vid of the savage..The vid sold me on the savage.. So I went home and talked my girl friend into buying it for me for Christmas of 07..

I started with the tyco rc's from toys r us whe i was young, then got into dirtbikes and moved away from them for a while, like 15 years, the in oct of 09 i bought a red cat and demolished it within a weekend so i went to my LHS and went rite for the savage just because of the HPI name. I refuse 2 buy traxxas.

i just needed something to jump my house with...

i started off with tyco then in 2004 i got a rc10gt which i hated with a passion
bc i was always fixing the damn thing then in 2005 i got a free savage from a coworker and i have looked back from a savage owned 10 of them at one time but wife got mad at me so i sold them

My addiction/obsession started with the May 2006 issue of RCDriver. I picked it up one day at the grocery store.
SAM_1893.jpg

I had never owned a hobby grade RC before. After reading the mag cover to cover I decided I had to have one and the Savage X looked awesome. My wife was pregnant with our son at the time and I convinced her that I should get the Savage while I could afford it. Saying it was the last big purchase I would make like this. I didn't mean to lie but we all know how things go and how expensive this hobby is. Any way now I have the original Savage, a modified Wheely King, a SCX-10, a Summit and a 1/16 E-revo VXL. The Savage popped my cherry on RC's and I'm glad it was I'll never sell it.

Well started about 8 month ago always wanted one just couldnt afford . know i able so bought a savage after reading many good reviews . and don't regret buy it . it been a blast

Towards the end of '06 i went to my lhs looking for a new monster after my mini mgt snapped in half. An x was sitting on the 'broken' shelf in the back of the store, a customer ride. Basically it was a week old with a broken pin in the crank. Lhs owner contacted the customer and $250 later it was mine!

Sent from my crappy DROIDX via Tapatalk

I had some of the Walmart grade R/C's as a youth. I got out of it for many years (raising kids, working, etc). About 3 years ago, my wife bought a Traxxas Bandit for $10 at a garage sale. I started playing with it and remembered how much fun R/C was. About 6 month later she came home with a brushless E-Revo (for $30). I sold it and bought an older model Traxxas E-Maxx. After doing some work on it and turning it into a pretty decent truck, I got the urge to go Nitro. I traded it for my Savage. I love nitro and the Savage X is a great truck. I'm putting the money and time into it to turn it into a first class truck.

Hey guys I bought a Revo 3.3 to start with from lhs and one day my mechanic at the lhs was working on a Savage and then I had to have one. The savage is great I now have an x converted to xl. I'm building a Flm mid tank and plan on building a Irc x for bashing. I started out as a kid with the grasshopper. :hpisf:

like others i to started out in the r/c world with well walmart grade rc's i don't think there was a walmart when i was a kid, lol. well then i grew up my last one was a nikko fast traxx loved that little thing, but about 2 or so years ago i for some how got on to the NitroRCX web site, (to this day i still don't know how i got there).

i started looking at the nitros there and watching alot of videos and though man that would be cool to have, so i bought an exceed tectonic my first nitro, and first hobby grade rc. well that truck SUCKED, LOL. so i sold it on ebay for like 150. bucks or so, and was looking at amain hobbies and found my savage x 4.6 rtr tax return came and bought it, (wife to be now ex-wife to be) didn't like it very much but i did anyway. and iv had my savage ever since 1 and half years now still love it not so much now kind of falling out of it but i won't sell it though :cheers:.

i wanted a nitro as i had had an electric my whole life untill about 6 months ago i didnt have the money but i went shopping around and it was a choise between a lrp buggy or a savage x 3.5 and i got the savage. so glad i did. greatest truck EVER!!

I started out when I was little about 10ish Tyco... saw a gas powered one around the neighbor hood and was like wow so much faster than my little Tyco. So after I get my first real job and had some cash I bought a sh**ty tmaxx the biggest waste of money many parts later and 3,000+ down the drain. Sold everything even the tools box ECT. for $100.00 Then I worked with a guy and brought in his savage 21 I was hooked how fast it was and how he beat the hell out of it and didn’t break a thing. so I decided to get a savage... Got my 4.6 SS back in late 04-05 and the rest is history. I keep getting on here as much as possible now that I'm laid off and it really wants me to get it out and start figuring out what all I need to get it up and running or even a roller maybe by spring I hope to have it running again after 3 years of collecting dust. It’s the best thing I had ever bought after all these year of having it I'm lucky to have 3000.00 in it that includes the price of the kit and everything of about 1,100 that I paid all in cash.

Had always been into RCs but never owned a "real" one outside of Radioshack toys. Someone in local car club had a Savage with an FLM chassis for sale and the light went on, didn't buy it cause someone got to it before me but went on a hunt for my FIRST Savage, a 21/25 with an Ofna Force 32 installed. Only drove it a few times though, still have that one but recently saw an add for a $50 R/C and looked at the photo and saw a Savage X in mostly complete condition and snapped it up. In the process of reviving it...with the works.

It was my first nitro RC that I bought when I saw they're video for the Savage 21. I had been a member of this site since almost day 1 and saw the trucks ]-[0pa]0ng had. been HPI fo' life.

It was my first nitro RC that I bought when I saw they're video for the Savage 21. I had been a member of this site since almost day 1 and saw the trucks ]-[0pa]0ng had. been HPI fo' life.

And that was not even a "PAID" advertisement. Been doing this a long time with HPI.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back