How can i start my Savage 25 the easy way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pspryu101

My savage has a roto start and it seems so hard to start it up? I would have to use the drill for 10 minutes until it starts? Is there any way to speed up this process? Because i feel like i will bust my one way if i keep it up like that?

Pull starts ftw imp. They are way less stressful on your owb. And dnt have to charge batteries. Carry the big clunky roto start around. Ect. Just way more convenient. They both have pros n cons ofcours and is just personal preferences. Pull starts cords break but not that big a issue.

while its spinning is it cranking the whole time or just grabbbing once in awhile? your needle setting could be far enough out to make it hard to start. I vote pullstart to if it is slipping. one pull and mine starts most of the time.

It doesn't matter if it is pullstart or roto start. If you don't have the basic down the engine will not start.

Some checks to do if hard to start.

Check to see if your glow plug heater has enought power or the plug is bad. Check the plug by holding the plug with some pliers and connect the heater to it. It should glow. As you do this blow on it. IF the glow goes away. The plug is bad or your heater doesn't have enought power.

Check to make sure you are using the correct plug. It makes a difference. THe manual explaines all of this.

Then check the needle settings. I know on my k4.6 I have to set the needle kinda rich to get it started then I can lean it out.
Again check the book.

Last check, any gaskets on the carb, or the header that are torn need replacement.

I went back to the pullstart. I am oldschool and it is a good way to feel if the motor is flooded or has enought compression. Just my 2 cents

Hope this helps

i have to agree i went from a roto start to a pull start and i love it. i thought the pull start would have been a pain but its actually easier

i like a pull start better then the roto start,only problem i have with a pull start is i have pretty big hands so i keep skinning my knuckles on the engine fins!! lol

i like a pull start better then the roto start,only problem i have with a pull start is i have pretty big hands so i keep skinning my knuckles on the engine fins!! lol

Never had that issue, I do get the skin in between my finger.. I don't realized it in till I spill some nitro on it. Then it's a real party after that! lol

Not to be a wise ### but, you ever tried the fuel line on the pull start trick?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back