How about 700oz.in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why do I need all that ??? my rig steers perfectly fine with a decent servo in it. so please explain how doing this mod is of some benefit??

why do I need all that ??? my rig steers perfectly fine with a decent servo in it. so please explain how doing this mod is of some benefit??
My initial guess is waaaayy more torque. Having two servos connected in a parallel arraignment like this would increase its torque output a lot.

@Jam Racing 1 I do agree with you though, one decent servo would still suffice. Less mechanical parts to fail too.

It is very well done though so I applaud you for that @rc4me.US :)

My initial guess is waaaayy more torque. Having two servos connected in a parallel arraignment like this would increase its torque output a lot.

Oh Make no mistake I do know what for but the savage is so front end light it just is not necessary at all, My XTM MMT is truggy based and does use 2 servos for steering which with the 3.8 wheels and gnarly tires it does need the help, but I am all for doing needed things and not just making a mod because it is popular or fun to do......

DSCN6814.JPG

but I am all for doing needed things and not just making a mod because it is popular or fun to do......

I suppose thats where others may differ - thats the beauty of this hobby. You can literally do whatever you like so long as you enjoy doing so.

May not be a practical mod but at least there was enjoyment in doing the mod.

Still, I don't think I'd the time or patience to do it, think I'll stick to buying overpriced servos and stripping the teeth in them :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks everyone for watching. Hobby is an activity that entertains yourself ONLY, LOL.

I'm unsure if this is a joke or if it's real, but I'd liken it to running two engines/pipes in the truck . lol It simply adds another POF.

Still pretty impressive just to do that, I thought about changing mine to an ackerman design with actual plate, c-hubs, knuckles, etc....and would have started with the steering so you are on to something. However, I want this really more for changing the roll center, so Good stuff! :) I'll check out your channel for sure!

BTW, I found that 320+ of torque in .13< seconds is the terminal steering prowess for the Savage. i.e. there is no tangible difference noticed after that. Just like you can only get so wet. It was surprising to me but I tested over 20 servos on it...many much stronger and faster than 320/.13 I could not tell a single difference from 320/.13 to like 580/.08. As with throttle. I have some that are like 250/.04. My finger can only move so quickly on the throttle so .08 is the fastest I can throttle it.

Last edited:
I'm unsure if this is a joke or if it's real, but I'd liken it to running two engines/pipes in the truck . lol It simply adds another POF.

Still pretty impressive just to do that, I thought about changing mine to an ackerman design with actual plate, c-hubs, knuckles, etc....and would have started with the steering so you are on to something. However, I want this really more for changing the roll center, so Good stuff! :) I'll check out your channel for sure!

BTW, I found that 320+ of torque in .13< seconds is the terminal steering prowess for the Savage. i.e. there is no tangible difference noticed after that. Just like you can only get so wet. It was surprising to me but I tested over 20 servos on it...many much stronger and faster than 320/.13 I could not tell a single difference from 320/.13 to like 580/.08. As with throttle. I have some that are like 250/.04. My finger can only move so quickly on the throttle so .08 is the fastest I can throttle it.
In all reality, it's probably better if you want to run cheaper servos. $13 for the second steering rack, then you can run a couple $40 servos @208oz each to get the performance of a $100+ servo, then if one dies, your only replacing them at $40 a time.

This is probably a bigger deal if your running heavier tires, then again, I may just be used to the weak single servo setup running <200oz and it seems ok to me. LOL! I've been running standard 3.8" trenchers on my flux with a single servo setup. My flux came with a good servo in it, htec 7955tg [email protected], probably the strongest servo I own. I doubt I would have ever bought it... but perhaps. One I actually did buy a stronger servo for my outcast (which I'm surprised I bought) was the savox 1210sg which is [email protected].

Personally, I like the single servo setup. Less to mess with, less likely to have the servos fighting each other and shortening their lives. But I can see the benefit.

Latest posts

Members online

Back