Hotbodies D8 Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvnnets

Well I received my D8 shocks today and I am very excited.

Upon opening my package one of the first things I noticed was how organized everything was from the seller.

The shocks come unassembled and the pieces were packaged separately. screws come with screws. Shock bodies with shock bodies, etc, etc....

Shocks1.jpg

Shocks2.jpg

Shocks3.jpg

Shocks4.jpg

I mocked up a shock, minus internals, and noticed how light they really are and how well they are made. Everthing seems to fit really well. It will be interesting to see how well a fully constructed shock with shock oil added works and if the action of the shock is smooth.

Shocks5.jpg

I placed the mocked up D8 shock next to a Big Bore and did not realize how much shorter these shocks really are. By the looks of it they will only have about 2 inches of travel if not less.

Shocks6.jpg

They do seem to be slightly wider than the Big Bores.

Shocks7.jpg

The springs are also wider and seem to have more bounce to them.

Shocks8-1.jpg

My initial review is this:

I really like the look and feel of them. They seem to be really well built and are very light.

I don't know if they will hold up to the vigorous bashing that some of you do(Bankrupter) given the weight of the Savage but for racing they seem to be a good fit.

These shocks should lower your ride height thus increase your handling.

They do come with 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 shock pistons. They also have other spring opitions as well to help fine tune them. With a little testing and playing around I'm sure you could find the right combo that will work for you.

67446 Big Bore Shock Spring (Gray,/60mm/74gf/2pcs)
67448 Big Bore Shock Spring (Blue/60mm/89gf/2pcs)
67449 Big Bore Shock Spring (Orange/60mm/98gf/2pcs)
67450 Big Bore Shock Spring (Green/68mm/59gf/2pcs)
67451 Big Bore Shock Spring (Yellow/68mm/68gf/2pcs)
67452 Big Bore Shock Spring (Red/68mm/81gf/2pcs)
67453 Big Bore Shock Spring (Gray/76mm/52gf/2pcs)
67454 Big Bore Shock Spring (White/76mm/59gf/2pcs)
67455 Big Bore Shock Spring (Blue/76mm/63gf/2pcs)
67456 Big Bore Shock Spring (Orange/76mm/74gf/2pcs)

Since only a handfull of us have these shocks and to our knowledge they have not really been tested on a Savage I encourage you to
add your findings as well to this thread.

I will be testing them at the track in spring so I will post further then. Sorry I can not do it sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man those are freaking sick. I love them they will be a great match to the PRC LCG Shock towers. Looks like I may have to get a set. Do you mind stating what you payed for them on the Bay?

Keep us informed as to how they hold up.

Man those are freaking sick. I love them they will be a great match to the PRC LCG Shock towers. Looks like I may have to get a set. Do you mind stating what you payed for them on the Bay?

Keep us informed as to how they hold up.

I got them for $50 shipped. Mind you that was to Canada. Might be a little cheaper in the US.

A few questions.

1) How much droop to your suspension do you get?

2) How far past the truck bottoming out will the shocks compress?

3) What is the angle with the arms level?

Kev the big oring goes on top of the preload ring. How did your bottoms go on ? Mine were a *()@&$#%@#%} to get on I had to strip the anodizing of the cap threads. They are going on my build with Larsons low CG towers.

Stock springs are not going to cut it I know that much so far... Ill post back when tested

A few questions.

1) How much droop to your suspension do you get?

Appx 1/2" compression on preload ring
front
DSC_0176.jpg

rear
DSC_0174.jpg

2) How far past the truck bottoming out will the shocks compress?
full compress front
DSC_0177.jpg

full compress rear
DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

3) What is the angle with the arms level?
DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

conclusion after runnin 3 packs without hard bashing:
rear springs are way too plush. overall i think the shocks will be fine (especially for racing) but for hard bashing imma try the stiffest spring they make.

ps. my truck weighs just under 13#

Okay just to double check what I am seeing Freddy.

1) There is no droop below ride hight?

2) There is no extra compression beyond the truck botoming out?

3)Angle looks to be around 45 degrees.

No problem bud :)

No one has really run them yet, everyones waiting on better weather. So it's still kinda on the air on how they will perform.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back