HOT GLUE GUNS are our friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOOBEEWHA

HPISF languist expert
Thats right....
A hot glue gun is very handy for special repairs. I'll list the one that fixed my fuel tank.

After discovering that I had a pressure loss in the return line from the pipe, I soon noticed a fuel leak that usually meant replacing, for sure......NOT.
Hair line cracks and cornners can be prepped with rubbing alcohol. After alcohol has dried, place hot glue gun at the fracture line and inject (if posible) the glue in the fracture. You can also just cover the fractured area with a bead of hot glue along the cracks and fractures.
Your done.
Check the tank for pressure leaks before use.

WA LA ! Repaired fuel tank. --------- You gotta "Fix" with a hot glue gun,...POST IT HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I mentioned this idea to my bud,
he went ahead in got his LST tank fixed real well.

I then tried it on the savage tank with the same results. Just get the contact areas real skweaky clean for a excellent bond.

To stop cracks from travelling, drill a 1/16th of an inch hole at the end of each fracture point. this helps stop the crack from getting larger.

When I mentioned this idea to my bud, he went ahead in got his LST tank fixed real well. I then tried it on the savage tank with the same results. Just get the contact areas real skweaky clean for a excellent bond. To stop cracks from travelling, drill a 1/16th of an inch hole at the end of each fracture point. this helps stop the crack from getting larger.

I was thinking that I would have to do that if I wanted to fix the crack in my tank. I will have to fix up this tank and keep it in my tool box as a spare.

good idea... but here is what i have used on a cpl of savage tanks.....its called Zap A-Dap-A Goo II....................used it on my tank....... 1 1/2 - 2 gallons through and still holdin

http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=PACDAP

:10:
Yea...this is good stuff, also.
The Hot Glue is holding up great. It has a somewhat flexable propperty to it and rides well for tank conditions.

It can even be re-applied to thicken up areas that you want to cushion a spot or two. Like the inside wall, facing the tvp, for instance.

I like the hot glue because it holds as soon as the glue cools for a quick, on the spot fix. Excellent for the track or home. (if they have AC power)

Latest posts

Members online

Back