hot bodies dozer tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardtf

whats the right combo if you have a hot bodies dozer tires?(heavy tires :) ) i am into racing i just what more more more torque!!! is the 14/52 a good combo? i mean will it produce torque to spin the heavy dozer tires? maybe the drivetrain can handle the tires...

thanks

I run the 16/52 in my XL with the high speed 3rd and there is tons of torque. I can't imagine needing lower gearing. I can light up the tires on any surface including warm pavement. I agree with hyp, if you need more power go with a different mill. I run the k5.9 which most people hate and I can only wheelie with the right tires on, otherwise I'm fighting for traction. I want a more powerful mill so I can gear it up and still have good bottom end but with more top speed.

Yeah I probably will get something similar eventually. I'm pretty happy with the Goliaths actually. The only draw back to them is that the initial traction when you hit the throttle is not enough to wheelie. The added weight probably doesn't help either LOL. They do make the truck handle much better though on all surfaces and there is plenty of traction for fast driving, but there is just enough slip at first to where the truck won't wheelie. No biggie though if all you want to do is drive fast, it could actually make you faster since all four wheels stay planted all the time. If I want to wheelie I just throw the terra-pins back on. Other than that I like the Goliaths quite a bit.

Yeah I probably will get something similar eventually. I'm pretty happy with the Goliaths actually. The only draw back to them is that the initial traction when you hit the throttle is not enough to wheelie. The added weight probably doesn't help either LOL. They do make the truck handle much better though on all surfaces and there is plenty of traction for fast driving, but there is just enough slip at first to where the truck won't wheelie. No biggie though if all you want to do is drive fast, it could actually make you faster since all four wheels stay planted all the time. If I want to wheelie I just throw the terra-pins back on. Other than that I like the Goliaths quite a bit.

i just like the stereo type monster truck look..with the dozer tires but i know they are heavy,i think its much heavier than the goliaths.i don't what a smaller tire,i bought the savage xl because of the size,i think putting a smaller tires will lower the ground clearance and make savy xl small :)

I like more of a scale look too. Thats why I haven't bought any tires with "pins" on them even though they may work better. I don't race, I only bash. I don't even have any buddies with RC's to race anyway LOL.

I like more of a scale look too. Thats why I haven't bought any tires with "pins" on them even though they may work better. I don't race, I only bash. I don't even have any buddies with RC's to race anyway LOL.

same here,i think i am the only one here in my neighborhood playing rc LOL.
i cant decide between the tires i like.losi magneto w/claw tire,hot bodies dozer.

Have you seen the Goliath tires? They look similar to the dozers IMO. They are huge (bigger than 40 series), and they make two wheels in various colors that fit them, the Tremor, and the Blast. Here is the pre-glued set on chrome Tremor wheels:

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/4728/

And here is my XL with Goliath tires on black Tremor wheels:

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-1.jpg

CIMG00802.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta agree with the fact that it's a monster truck.. If your going to bash around i would not really worry about the whole power thing, if you're going to race then you're going to have to lower it a bit and make a ton of changes. I use mine just to bash and just recently bought a Truggy to race.

Have you seen the Goliath tires? They look similar to the dozers IMO. They are huge (bigger than 40 series), and they make two wheels in various colors that fit them, the Tremor, and the Blast. Here is the pre-glued set on chrome Tremor wheels:

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/4728/

And here is my XL with Goliath tires on black Tremor wheels:

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-1.jpg

CIMG00802.jpg

yup i ve seen the goliath,i'll try dozer :) nice body work..is that a proline body? are they same lenght as the stock xl body?

Members online

No members online now.
Back