horrible r/c luck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadnaught

Diesel Powered!
So this past week, from last sunday to wednesday, i went on vacation to the family property in northern michigan. i took my highlift and the Savvy along for the ride. I get up there sunday night at about 6, eat dinner with the folks, unpack my junk, and go to bed for the night. so far so good. monday rolls around, i get out the highlift after we go four wheelin for the morning. there is a ton of cool places to test out the new driveshafts from JunFac i put in there. about 1/2 way through my 5000mah battery, it locks out the front end and starts grinding horribly (start of the bad luck) i pick it up and look underneath and lo and behold, the front pinion (which is a crappy 2 piece design) came apart and the pinion gear was bouncing around in the case. so, being rather ****ed off about this, i just set it back down and drive it all the way back up to the porch to start working on the savvy. a month or so ago, i broke the original pullstart cord for the second time. so i just bought a new one. i get that put on and she fires right up on the 2nd pull. idles smooth, but has low power and intermittent stumbling, which was a combination of the fuel and the glow plug. i decide to not ruin a new plug with the nasty fuel so i just ease into it to get it moving and it does alright that way. i'm driving this on the beach and there is a puddle i didnt know about and sure enough i drive straight into it. this puddle was deep enough to submerge the savvy up the the seam in the radio box (all electronics are fine, thank God), and it kinda has this floating thing going on so it can't even pull itself out. so i get it and run the rest of the tank with no problems. i call it a day cus we are getting ready to go to dinner. the next day it thunder stormed all day, so i didn't get any r/cing done that day. wednesday rolls around and i have the savvy packed up with (i though) everything i needed to run. we get over to our property (we are staying in a rented cabin cus we have no building up yet) and i break the savvy out and sure enough i forgot the glow igniter. so i pack it all back up, and get back around to the cabin and pack up to leave. about 15 minutes before i have to get moving to catch the ferry, i decide to get the savvy out again. i get the igniter on, prime it, and pull the cord once, no fire, pull it again, SNAP!. BRAND NEW CORD BROKE!!!! i was bad word. the savvy is still in the back of the truck, and i really don't feel like rebuilding the pullstart. so when i buy a new one, i am buying 2. that way i have a backup.

anyone want a rebuildable pullstart? haha. :sniper2:

that sound like my luck kyle I'm lucky if i get half way threw a tank of fuel before something breaks. but alway remember it will get better down the road.

eric...

i'm not all that worried about it, i just wish i would of brought the firestorm up too. that thing would of been awesome on the beach.

i did get some cool videos of me and my dad playing in the mud on the quads. as soon as they get back in town i'll get them posted.

That's what always gets me is the waiting when all you want to do is run a little. I got my first heli a few days ago and I stripped a couple teeth on the main drive gear. I have an extra set of rotor blades and I straightened the main shaft but I still cant fly because of the gear and my LHS is pretty small and I just hate how everytime something happens I have to wait almost a week to tinker again. I'm going to buy extra stuff from now on and I asked him to start stocking more of the stuff I need in case I run out. He's pretty cool and he's gonna stock some extras for my truck and heli. The amount of money I've been dropping in that place he should be willing to hook me up, LOL!

LOL dred sorry to hear the Rc's didnt want to play with you. Get it out of the truck b4 another guy is asking us how to fix a pullstart and you are posting your savage got stolen...

its safe out here in the boonies. we have never had any problems with theft in our area, so i'm not worried about it. if they were going to steal something, the keys stay in all of our vehicles (including the 2 semi's) all the time. if that shows you what kind of area we live in. lol.

lol good. keys in the ignition and shot gun in the corner... sounds like my kind of living

Dred that's how it was at my house live in middle of the woods and there 4 neighbors next to us. We never lock the front door or the cars etc... My parents been living there 25 years. But couple years back one night in the summer. Someone broke into every car at each house. Stole cds and what have u. Just goes to show anything can happen.
But sorry to hear u were having one of the weeks where the RC hobby becomes a pain in the butt lol.

well, we are getting ready to move, so my truck will be kept in a locked garage along with all the toys and tools. the people couldnt get to even one car without one of the 7 dogs in the house noticing. (made for a bad time trying to sneak in after curfew in highschool)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back