Homemade Track part 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisthepart

A little bit of motivation go a long way when you have a handful of people who love their RC's as much as we do. This week a full load of dirt is being unloaded by a damn dumptruck so we'll be able to finish it off. At first I didn't think it would turn out half as nice as what it is now - but here are some pics so I can share it with everyone. Who knows, maybe when its done I'll be able to invite a few people from the Ottawa area! We even have a person who will run and turn your car back over for a one time free of $2 lol, its an extra $1 if you want her to get you your beer in the cold fridge and open it for you too! So for $3 you have a beautiful track and everything goin' for ya!! ;)

track1.jpg

track2.jpg

You'll notice that we have a few jumps set up - one MASSIVE jump and several small ones, we're going to experiment for a while until we have it perfect but suggestions are always welcomed. The track is huge, easily 6+ feet wide and it has one really nice straight away

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing job! When you get a group racing over there take videos please!

All that my friend Bryan did on his own! He's pretty good with stuff like this, I get to do all the backbreaking work with the dirt :p I'll be sure to get some video's. My friend Chris has a nice video camera, I'm sure we can set something nice up

This gives me an idea...I can't get grass to grow in my backyard for nothing...maybe its time to convert it to something usefull....lol

Wish i had that sort of space to design my own track on! That looks huge... You should arrange some sort of lodging accomodation so people from around the world can come and bash together haha

Wow you guys did an impressive job. Is that a mattress?

haha no mattress, its a piece of wood- we're going to cover it all with dirt and you wont be able to see any of that, just the outlines. And Ottawa is like 4 hours from Toronto, so it would be quite the trip

The track looks great. My only suggestion is that you should make the lanes at least 8' wide. That's speaking from experience. Some tracks are 10-12' Wide. But, 8' is just about perfect.

Very nice start, I wish I had a flat grassy area to start with! I have been cutting trees and moving dirt for a year now and only have a 60' oval! soon to be upgraded! Nice job Lets see it with some dirt!!!

The track looks great. My only suggestion is that you should make the lanes at least 8' wide. That's speaking from experience. Some tracks are 10-12' Wide. But, 8' is just about perfect.

I was just told the track is 10' wide

nice looking setup you have there!! Can't wait to see it with the dirt poured keep the progress pics coming

Latest posts

Members online

Back