holy moly.. purple does make it go faster.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinker2141

had a disaster yesterday with my axial .28, the wrist pin retaining ring let go and got caught between the piston and cylinder and fragged the motor, sooooo..... I put the stock k 4.6 back in and re-tuned it for the %30 fuel and holy crap, it out performed the axial in every way from ease of tune to power both top and bottom, I don't know if I just had a bad axial or just couldnt figure the mill out but from a binding carb ( every time it got warmed up ) to an overall PITA to run, but I gotta say the 4.6 reminded me why I love, not only the savage, but HPI in general, in closing wow purple does indeed make it faster.

lol great post! They are said to be the same mill. I don't believe the hype. I think timing is different but never checked it. I always thought the K was better too. Loved that lil motor... enjoy!

never going back. in the fall I think I am going to buy a picco and have extreme mod it for me but for the summer I am staying with the 4.6.

yes you are.....the F motors are Force motors....shagg nasty too i might add!

for price and ease of tuning (2 needle is easy) i will be sticking with the f fora very long time. thinking about doin an engine exchange with hpi if i can't find a better deal on ebay

looking into an f if I can find one, but I did talk to axial and the guys at rc car kings in minneapolis mn and am being told that the piton/cylinder and crank are all the same as the f, since I have an axial would I be better off just replacing the carb with the f carb ( I think most probs were carb ) or replacing the whole mill.

Latest posts

Members online

Back