Hitec Servo???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLM

I was thinking of buying the hitec-525mg high speed servo for my savage's throttle and brakes and was just curious if you guys think its worthwhile going with a high speed servo or just a standard servo??

Servo Specs
HS-525MG HIGH SPEED
[email protected] v/57oz@ 6.0v .17 [email protected]/.13sec @ 6.0v METAL GEAR TOP BB

lol 57 ounces... wow thats weak as... id prefer torque over speed... unless u race then ud have to buy a more expensive servo with speed and torque... atm i use the stock sf-2 servo for my throttle/brake and ive replace the steering servo... its fine for me but i just bash and muck around

...i think its better to have a fast servo for your throttle and brake... it doesn't hav to be xtreme powerfull.. it has to respond quickly ...and thats what fast servo's do .

i have a HITEC HS-525BB high speed servo here are the specs of it :

Specification
Dimensions (mm): 20.0 x 40.0 x 36.0
Weight (grams): 44.5
Speed (sec): 0.17
Torque (Kg.cm): 3.30
Ball Raced: Yes

The HS-525 BB features a high performance 5 pole motor attached to a heavy duty gear train. Throw in a ball bearing and oilite bushing supported output shaft and the result is ultra- smooth operation and precise centering.

and i use en hump pack and that already increases the strengh of your servo with 25% ....never had any probs with it

thanks for your input guys i feel for you regarding your story!!! Prob 57oz inches is more then enough for brake and throttle personally i want to get the throttle open fast and speed will accomplish this not torque. Torque will help for the brakes but with the dual disk who needs more torque personally i would rather go fast then stop a slow truck really fast!! lol :)

i picked up a used 525mg for 20$ for the price i will try it out and update u guys!!

I have a Hitec 545mg servo as my throttle servo, and I would like a little more torque. I am only running on 4 AA's though so maybe it would make a difference if I had a good reciever pack.

With 4AA's you are only at 46oz inches of torque i would definatly go to a NiMH hump pack it is 2006 its the way to go who uses AA's with a hump pack your torque will increase to 57 oz inches and your speed will also increase are you running a dual disk brake???

Nah, stock Savage X brake with a custom linkage mod.

I really want to get a reciever pack but the wife has restricted my spending at the moment. That will be one of the next things I pick up though.

Are there any brands that are any better than the other or should I just pick up whatever my LHS carries? I know with 7.2V batteries for Electric cars it definitely matters which brand or cell you pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi i am getting a hi-torque servofor my 3.5,any reccomendations?
I'm just usin the standard servoforboth at the moment althogh probablygonna get a high speed 1 for throttle mind

Hitec HS 645mg servo for steering works great but make sure you use a hump pack to achieve maximum torque 133 oz/in @ 6volts loose the 4 AA's !!!!

best bet is to buy some batteries yourself and make your own pack. works out much cheaper. ive built 2 packs for the price of buying one new and with mone to spare

ok be a hero and make one and save yourself, what maybe 5 bucks oh wait you may have to buy a soldering iron some solder some heat shrink or a baloon, cells or batteries as you say or how about this be a big spender don't waste your time spend a whole 25 bucks and buy one much easier!!!!

not if you've got all the kit allready, which most people probably will.

just a suggestion. then you get more choice over types of batteries, ratings etc. and 2 packs for the price of one is always better

or you could just be lazy :p haha

I guess there is benifits to both your caveman picture evolving to a savage is absolutly off the hook i love it did you make that???? I would make that a sticker and put it accross my savage on the side!!!!

It was pretty cool a caveman evolving into a Savage it was very cartoon like but looked cool!!

Why would a hump pack be faster than 4 AA's? They are both 6 volts. Alkaline AA batteries are 1.5 volts per cell and NiMH cells are 1.2 volts per cell. So 4 Alkaline's cells = 6Volts and 5 NiMH cells = 6 volts. The only time that the hump pack will be faster is if the servo draws more current than the AA cells can supply ( approx 100ma ) and the hump pack stores more energy so the hump pack will last longer. Actually a lot longer if you are using high torque servos.

Matt

Hi,
I bought a Hitec HS-985MG. I use this one for steering, and I put the SF2 in for the throttle & brake. I also installed the Ofna linkage mod. I say whatever you prefer and find to be reliable is always the best choice. Peace

Latest posts

Members online

Back