HITEC HS-805MG problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pietrOmertaBMC

I recently installed this big scale servo in my flux (HITEC HS-805MG) but i noticed that it became pretty warm after just turning left/right/left/right and adjusting it and when you let the steering wheel go it turns back to starting position reall....slooowww....turning left and right goes just like normal but returning...

whats that about??? on the package it states that you always have to connect it to a seperate battery, could this be the problem coz i read that the mamba can handle that...

and the heat...

don't want to ruin it so i wont drive it until i know whats happening...

The mamba only puts out 5v for Rx & servos. (castle manual actual page 12) Most High torque servos can run off of 6v (which would give you the best performance) but I don't know what the big scale servos need. Sounds like it's under powered to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess because the voltage is lower, it's pulling more amps to compensate, causing it to heat up.

thanx for the quick replies! i'll try it with a hump pack but whats up with the heat?

nopes it was my framesetting.... it was still standing on 5.5ms and it should stand on 16.5ms now my servo is working like it should and no heat at all!

cool!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back