high speed help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N713TL

here is a question for ya . I am run at a very high speed I m real fast . lol well the rear end is getting real loose to were it stops me from toping out ?? amy suggestions would help

hpi savage xl

road rage 3.32 x 5.48 tires

very minimal play in bearings

Well seeing as the Savage is a big tire monster type vehicle I have no doubt that it doing this, so whats the question? how to stop this?
there are several ways and if running on a smooth road type surface one could lower the vehicle down by limiting the shocks and use heavier springs to help it not be so squirrely at high speeds, also could run a rear wing or spoiler to help settle down the rear a bit, all this will come at a cost to offroad ability of course...

:eyes: no spoiler or wing do I see, also it looks as if the chassis is biased to the rear somewhat so possibly raising it slightly would help... also could maybe use a heavier oil in the rear to combat any squat related to the speed of the vehicle

I'm making a wing with about 20% down force the shock oil I'm using is 60w and I damped the shocks with a 1/4 damper . going to try tomorrow with improvements . ive timed it 85MPH with the loose rear end if I can tighten it up I know I can get 98mph out of it . which to me makes it one of the fastest savage I know of lol

I'm running a 45/22 . with the high speed trans kit for savage xl . k5.9 heavy fang port and polish and ramp . 3.32 x 5.48 pro line road rage tires . front and rear sway kit heavily tuned pipe . its raked by a half of a inch to combat the squat . tires are balanced good bearings and clean strait shafts

got me a gps speed reader I hit that top speed there will be a vid

Ive never tried to go that fast but do you have any rear toe-in. That may be a factor.

Latest posts

Members online

Back