High revs after letting off the throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zud00

I was jumping my truck today from some snow-made ramps and had trouble controlling the truck in the air. I would let off the throttle as I was launching off the ramp but the revs on the engine would not go down and it would start to spin the truck back. I tried to hit the brakes to bring the nose down but since they are not working very well (need new brakes), it was difficult to land the truck.
So my question is, why does it take a bit for the engine to return to low rpms when I let off of the throttle? My guess is because I am using the stock radio/servos.

It does sound lean.I know when I run in the cold I tend to run too lean because I'm used to tuning by temp. That doesn't work when it's cold out . Try ans richen it up.Also if you run in the snow alot The moisture does load up you filter like Psycho said. I've had this cause the slide on the carb to stiffen up considerably.You may want to loosen it up with a little after run oil,and protect that filter.That should help somewhat. I would definatly recomend the radio upgrade.I would be lost without my ABS, endpoints,dual rates , failsafe etc. At least try and upgrade the servos.By the way Fix those brakes dude.LOL Hope this helps !

i'm pretty sure i was running rich so it must have been the moisture in the airfilter like you guys said. it just seemed like the carb was not closing when letting off the throttle.

check your spring... i ran without a spring for awhile and sometimes the servo doesnt close the carb as quick as the spring.

I don't think that this was the reason because it seemed to still happen before my rough landings, but after one rough landing, the zip-tie that holds my airfliter on the carb got twisted around and the locking device on the zip-tie got stuck between the airfilter and carb so it was holding the carb open just a bit. Anyways, we'll see if it still does it next time I run.

I use a hose clamp to secure my airfilter to the carb and i like alot better than using zip-ties.

I snipped the leftover zip-tie but there was just a bit left I didn't get.

Hose clamp sounds like a good idea. I'll have to try that out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back