hi my savage x 4.6 engine spins without the glowplug but dosent spin with the glowplug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salbad

if you know what is wrong with it please reply I would appreciate it i need to get it running again

-Sal

I am assuming this is a new never before run truck

Most :ercm: these days are very tight, you can loosen the glow plug and start it , when is running then just tighten it up...

One Way Bearing. It's in the back plate. It allows the engine to be started. Assuming you're using the "Roto-Start" it's the part that makes it grab the crankshaft (doesn't actually attach to the crank, but works for this description ) but spins when turned the other way, allowing get the engine to spin freely.
They get oil (fuel) leaked onto them and they slip on the shaft.

One Way Bearing. It's in the back plate. It allows the engine to be started. Assuming you're using the "Roto-Start" it's the part that makes it grab the crankshaft (doesn't actually attach to the crank, but works for this description ) but spins when turned the other way, allowing get the engine to spin freely.
Hey I'm just wondering is there a way to get it out without taking the whole out Thanks -Sal

Hi It did it again and now this time it dosent spin even with the glow plug out do you know what happend

Possibly when you reinstalled the backplate you missed the pin and spring that goes in the crankpin and it fell out without you noticing it....

Last edited:
Possibly when you reinstalled the backplate you missed the pin and spring that goes in the crankpin and it fell out without you noticing it....
Never mind I found out what I was I need to buy a new roto start bearing

trying to start an engine that just does not want to run usually results in overheating the OWB and causing this very failure....
Do you have any suggestions on how to get it started I know that the fuel and glow plugs are good and so is the tune I think I need to just spin a little bit more to start up

well usually a well tuned engine will start within the first few revolutions of the wand, are you priming it before trying to start ? also you can add a bit of air by just opening the throttle a bit on the trigger...

I would highly recommend to get very familiar with which adjustment does what and practice until they become second nature...

Also a read through this thread may help you get a better understanding of when and how to do all the things necessary to have an enjoyable day...

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/the-complete-beginners-guide-to-rcs.814/

well usually a well tuned engine will start within the first few revolutions of the wand, are you priming it before trying to start ? also you can add a bit of air by just opening the throttle a bit on the trigger...

I would highly recommend to get very familiar with which adjustment does what and practice until they become second nature...

Also a read through this thread may help you get a better understanding of when and how to do all the things necessary to have an enjoyable day...

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/the-complete-beginners-guide-to-rcs.814/
Thanks for the info I prime it by blowing on the exhaust gas line I'm thinking about getting a pull start because I've burned about 2 of the owb's with the roto start what will be better roto or pull

Thanks for the info I prime it by blowing on the exhaust gas line I'm thinking about getting a pull start because I've burned about 2 of the owb's with the roto start what will be better roto or pull

well roto or pullstart is a user preference, I do not like blisters on my hands and have bad wrists and shoulders so I use roto type starters on everything I have, my rigs usually start right off and usually don't require many adjustments so i hardly ever destroy a one way bearing......

well roto or pullstart is a user preference, I do not like blisters on my hands and have bad wrists and shoulders so I use roto type starters on everything I have, my rigs usually start right off and usually don't require many adjustments so i hardly ever destroy a one way bearing......
Thanks but how do you prime your trucks

Thanks but how do you prime your trucks
Witch one would not melt the OWB as fast

Hold a finger over the exhaust port on the end of the pipe with the igniter off run the roto a second or 2, usually 3 turns is enough to get fuel to the carb..... then put on your charged igniter and fire up the :ercm:
having a stand of some sort to keep the wheels off the ground is the best way to start your rig up...
I made one out of some scrap 2x4 material and it works pretty well

Usually you put your finger or a rag on the exhaust exit and turn a couple times the engine so that the fuel get in the engine... then open the exhaust and turn again 3 or 4 times the engine so you prime al the engine inside. Thats the way I do it.

Hold a finger over the exhaust port on the end of the pipe with the igniter off run the roto a second or 2, usually 3 turns is enough to get fuel to the carb..... then put on your charged igniter and fire up the :ercm:
having a stand of some sort to keep the wheels off the ground is the best way to start your rig up...
I made one out of some scrap 2x4 material and it works pretty well
Witch one will not melt the OWB as quick roto or pull

Pullstart, but your melting of the owb is the fault of keeping it cranking for too long a time. the cages are just plastic and melt easily....
Ok thanks so pull start is not going to melt the OWB as fast as the roto start

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back