Hesitation or lag question Flux HP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilbomb

So I haven't driven this truck in almost a year. Had a broken drive gear and front pinion. So I decided to fix it and when driving it I notice that sometimes when I hit the throttle there is a little bit of hesitation or lag before it takes off. Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does I hit the throttle more and then usually it hits hard and either flips over or does a wheelie and I have to back off quickly. Just does not seem too smooth. Once it's going though there is no hesitation or lag at all. Only when starting from a stop. I'm running a Spektrum DX2E and just wondering if that could be causing the issue? I'm assuming it's something electrical with the controller or maybe with the ESC? I don't think it's a mechanical issue but who knows.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Did you change gearing or anything? Did it do this in the past before you fixed it?

Could be overgeared or the packs are getting tired or the motor is getting tired causing too much current drain from a dead stop causing it to hesitate.

The gearing on this truck is the 29/9 which I installed over a year ago. I haven't driven this truck in about a year so I don't really remember if it did this before or not. I don't believe it did. Batteries are about a year old but seem good. They were stored properly and charged right up. Motor is the one that was in it when I got the truck 5 years ago, so could possibly be that. I was contemplating just putting a new motor/esc combo to start fresh, but not sure what to even get. I've been out of this sport for awhile. Was also thinking of getting a new steering servo just because. Kinda freshen up things.

Anyway, thanks for the reply! I'll keep looking into it.

Yeah, could just be wear on the motor. I don't know the rig, so can only speculate as to how many cycles a motor can last before it starts giving issues. I just got my first large brushless rig 2 days ago, brushless revo. Only micro's until now.

All I can say now is that the torque of these things is very intimidating!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back