Hesitation Bogging Savage X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R6 DADDY

hi everyone i got my svage drivin tonight limited throttle on tranny to 50% but when i accelerate it crackles and hesitates befor it pisks up then when driven through that it does it further up the rev range could it be rich on hsn and lsn???
:eyecrazy:

what engine? k4.6? mine used to bog and i just needed to tweak the high speed needle to fix it. weather conditions threw it off slightly and lost a bit of tuning

i reckon put everything back to factory setting then retune on the high speed needle. drastic maybe but its what i used to do when it wasnt running right.

then check the adjustment on the gearbox. set to factory setting aswell and tune from there once engine is tuned.

hi gearbox hasn't been moved at all still as it came out of the box so i am thinkin it is carb adjustment holding it back possibly !!!

R6DADDY DO NOT TRY TO CHASE A TUNE!!! You can go to lean and blow the engine. Do not mess with the lsn untill you have the hsn right! for the f4.1 which i had on my X do 1/8th turns on the needle untill your getting full speed. you should only have to move the lsn a 1/8th to a 1/4 turn at the most. if you miss the tune on the hsn reset it to factory and do it a gain. Not to scare you but listen to me closely. some X's get half tank lean condition. this is what to look for. when you tune tune on a full tank and keep the tank full. tune when the engine is up to temp. half tank lean is what it says. when you are running everything is perfect trucks running good then when you hit around a half a tank everything goes to pot. the truck goes lean and starts to starve for fuel. some trucks get it some don't hopefully yours will not. my x got it my ssx didn't. just watch for it.

i i run it tonight i filled it up adjusted hsn got it running ok ran it for a full tank well happy it seemed ok the whole tank it ran sweet got both gears but brakes are a rubbish though
:duel:

[hs] darkshine;12352 said:
if it's the single disk, yup they are crap. i'd get the twin set. mine does front flips!! :DJjam:

I can with my single fiber disk brake, might help that I have a linkage mod which allows for more adjustment, and that I have modded the disk slightly.:hammerhit:

Got twins on mine,be careful tho as they stripped some teeth off my front diff gears,make sure you have a good mesh then you can endie to your hearts content,managed a four footer last week,which was cool.

the dual disk is enough. but the linkage mod gets rid of the slop. yes it fits the X whoever told you it doesn't is wrong. you have to mount the kit and slowly adjust it in if not you will do nice front flips but you will fade out the breaks. i hope you are doing the throttle adjustments when the engine worms up.

cheers for that pal it may have to wait now as i have just found out my dog is really sick its costing me a fortune to do tests and find out what is wrong
:nutshot:

engine is hesitating and bogging

my new savage x 4.6 hesitates and boggs before reaching full speed.
HOW DO I FIX IT?

Sounds like your way lean. back off the high speed needle a 1/4 turn.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back