Help with older Savage SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easyesavagex

I have been given a Savage SS that will not stay running. At first it would start, but once i took of the glo plug starter it would stall. This happend even after given plenty of time to warm up. I changed the glo plug, removed the air filter and made sure it was getting gas. I tryed to set the carb back to stock settings because it seemed to be very rich, but now it won't start at all. What next??

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Does the motor fell like it has plenty compression. Is the plug real wet when you take it out. Check make sure no loose screws. Does it look like the motor has been ran a lot. Did you clean the air filter when you had it off. Reset carb, start if it stalls, turn a 8th of a turn clock wise, try again. Do you know how to tune. Are do you have exp. with nitro. Sry so many Q's.

Motor has good compression and yes the plug was very wet when it was removed. Me and a buddy (mas mucho exp.) removed the carb last night, cleaned it and what do know... its running now! It is still going to need some more fine tuning it get it dialed in but hey don't they all! Oh yeah and the fuel looked like tea. Thanks for all of the help. Check out the video we posted on Youtube of one of my buds trying to kill his T-Maxx 3.3. He bought a Savage X once after he saw how great my X ran! Its listed on Youtube as -Traxxas T-Maxx RC Jump.

Oh yeah and the fuel looked like tea.

color of the fuel doesn't denote age...different manufacturers make the fuel different colors (for whatever reason...I guess they think their's is prettier...LOL)

Glad to hear you got it running though...

wow...if I was served tea that looked like you described...I wouldn't drink it...LOL

if the fuel is questionable at all, I'd definately use fresh stuff...no sense takin a chance and gumming up your mill...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back