Help with novarossi engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgilbigfish

I had nothing but problems with this engine brand new. The problems are self created , its like super tight on top I tried to start it when it was in down stroke.I wound up breaking starting shaft. Got new shaft then Roto start on engine stripped got new one and I'm putting back together and the glow plug is too small for. The opening by a bunch I'm not sure if its the one that came out of it, is the novarossi glow plug bigger than like a traxxas glow plug. , all my glow plugs are like way to small?

You sure you using the right plug? some use a different plug that taper seals into the head button..
They are called turbo plugs and are bigger than standard plugs are.. post a couple pics of what ya have, as far as starting try loosening the plug a bit and get it started then tighten down the plug fully....

http://www.novarossi.it/2012/index.php/en/products/nova-engines/off-road-engine-nova.html

Looks to me like all the 4.6 cc Novarossis use a turbo type plug. did you get an instruction manual for this :ercm:
Bought it br aww nd new and no manual.it must have had,a,turbo plug. I had taken it out and when I wrapped the motor up for storage I didn't put back in so its lost when I tried putting a different plug in and it was too small I thought I'd stripped,the glow plug hole Thank you for your help, I was getting frustrated I've been trying to start this for 2 months now,got stuck and I ha
http://www.novarossi.it/2012/index.php/en/products/nova-engines/off-road-engine-nova.html

Looks to me like all the 4.6 cc Novarossis use a turbo type plug. did you get an instruction manual for this :ercm:

Preheat the engine before starting it especially when new. It will save you so many agrivations and possibly broken parts. I take an power inverter with me and run a heat gun with it off my vehicle battery. A minute or two of heating is all it takes.

Preheat the engine before starting it especially when new. It will save you so many agrivations and possibly broken parts. I take an power inverter with me and run a heat gun with it off my vehicle battery. A minute or two of heating is all it takes.
Yes Thank you, I bought a warmer that uses a LiPo and I warm it to 200

Latest posts

Members online

Back