HELP! with my Savage 25. I'm new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero

i bought the kit used. from a well known hobby shop.

i got the car started. but it seems i when switch to 2nd gear the car bogs and if i let go of the trottle the motor is still runinng.

wat do i need to do? lean it more? cuz if rich the fuel up the motor will die as soon i hit the trottle. if i lean it.. the car start moving forward while idling.

btw if i hold the car up and hit full trottle it will shift without boggin.

If it's bogging from a stop, lean out the LSN....If this is happening from a run, then lean out the HSN

sorry wat is LSN and HSN ?>

its boggin when i shift to 2nd gear.

no problem on idling or stop

okay, the HSN is the needle pointing upwards from the carb. The LSN is the screw pointing horizontally from the sliding carb. The HSN(high speed needle) is more than likely the culprit. When it's "bogging," what does it sound like? A wrapping sound, or a garggling type of bog? If a wrapping sound, then richen the carb(turn HSN counter-clockwise) 1/8th a turn at a time until it gets better. If the other type of sound, then just turn the screw the opposite direction in the same increments.

lsn means low speed needle and hsn mean high speed needle check your battiers also the might be weak in the reciver

I'm only having problem high speed. 1st gear is fine. when i switch 2nd gear sound no power sound like its gonna die. once i let go of the trottle the car is fine motor still running.

Then lean it out....Turn the HSN(needle pointing up from carb) clockwise 1/8th of a turn at a time.

glad to hear, was it a HSN issue after all? Dang, what time is it where you're at? It's 238am here in San Antonio, Tx.

Vancouver Canada! ;)

Thnx for the help!

it was the HSN and LSN i had to lean out the LSN so doesnt die when i rich up HSN. i don't know why. is it suppose to be like that balance? btw theres another screw on that side its like a idle adjust? and also the spring is useless... didnt adjust the screw under the HSN.

the small screw is the idle mixture, yes.....Glad to hear it's solved, now get out there and break something, lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back