help with Losi LST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay2006

hey guys sorry i havnt been on here much...i bought 3 new boats from proboat over the last couple months and they been taking up all my time, i purchased the miss geico 29 v3 with 2000kv 6 pole thats running dual 3s batteries and man does this thing fly!! i clocked it at 47mph stock and i just bought a 40mmx68mm motor and a 44mm prop now its doing about 60mph! lol i love these boats!! but i broke 2 more axle pins in my LST and cant figure out why when i brake axle pin it always breaks 2 axle pins at the same exact time and its always on one side of the truck. any suggestions? is my suspention not riding correctly? maybe the working angle of the axle? any help would be greatly apprechiated thanks

What wheels/tires are you running? I'm assuming you mean the pins that the wheel hub key into.

I never had an issue with that on my aftershock, but I used the old style axles that were smaller diameter than the LST2+ axles. I also ran smaller than stick tires, traxxas 3.8" chevrons. I didn't care for the huge floaty tires that came on the aftershock or the LST2+. Just way too much rotational mass for me and made the truck drive like a pig.

I'm using the stock claw tires with the 14mm hex rims.and I'm talking about breaking the pin that gies through the cvd stub shaft and connects to the axle tighten it down with the set screw. sometimes it breaks the pin, sometimes it breaks the stubshaft, i even had it twist the axles in half. I'm running the novarossi legend 28-8 which ijust recently pulled the engine out and sending it back to the hobby shop so they can take pictures of it and send them to novarossi. does anyone know if picco is stronger/better engine than novarossi? I'm gonna upgrade to all the LST2 axles, carriers, rims and tires 20mm, plus i broke a diff case last night (plastic one) I'm gonna upgrade all that stuff to the LST2 drivetrain.thoes stock tires have way too much rotational mass. might even be slowing me down on top speed. i need a tire that dosnt grip so much so i quit breaking drivetrain components

Yeah, I didn't care for those tires, pretty much for that reason. The only time I ran them was during break-in and I put them on my savage once for winter bashing. A buddy of mine loved the muggy losi wheels/tires on his. I tried them on mine, but they were still too bulky for my taste.

This was how mine was when I sold it:
2010-0408-AftershockExhaustSide.jpg

Had revo 3.8" wheels/talon tires on it. Had the traxxas 17mm splined hex, so I cut the little tabs out of the hex on each wheel with an exacto. Was a real pain, but never had a stripping issue. I did with 14mm hex's though.

These were the muggy tires/wheels:
2009-0809-ASMuggyTiresExhaustSideBody.jpg

Running the 3.8" setup, I rarely had CVD issues and I was running the old style LST1/aftershock sized cvd's. The only times I busted CVD's was when one of the tierods busted and let the wheel flop all over, then it would articulate too much and bind the cv joint, then snap the pin or the cup. I learned to stop trying to drive it back to me the second time that happened. I'm a slow learner. lol!

Latest posts

Members online

Back