HELP.... Ve8 or Vorza?? Opinions??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan86

Savage Basher
Hi guys, I'm looking at selling up my on-road gear and wanting a new buggy, preferably electric. I saw these in the HPI site and now I'm trying to pick between the two. First one i saw was the Vorza and secondly Ve8. Anyone have any opinions of the two? which is better? quality? parts?? i heard that the parts are changable between D8 Ve8 and Vorza?? I was swaying towards the Ve8 as i like building the kits but cant make my mind up.
Appreciate any help guys, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
For the past year i have been racing on-road and have my flux for bashing. But i want to move on from on-road and start racing off-road. I want one for racing but something that can still handle a "light" bash with the sav.
:bad driver:

For the past year i have been racing on-road and have my flux for bashing. But i want to move on from on-road and start racing off-road. I want one for racing but something that can still handle a "light" bash with the sav.
:bad driver:

You're lookin' for a buggy to run the same as me. Your budget is gonna be a HUGE in your decision.

Not telling you which to choose, but I'm going with the Ve8 and here's why:
Ve8 Pros
1. I prefer a kit or ground-up build caz you get to choose the parts you want without wasting money on parts you don't need & cant sell.
2. You get unlimited motor/esc options.
3. Unlimited Servo options.
4. Option of mechanical brakes.
5. Like Mike said, its based on the D8 platform which rules.
6. Any buggy can take a POUNDING (dare i say better than a Savage).

Vorza Pros
1. In the end it will cost less money to get up and runnings. (prolly several hundred less).
2. You'd have the same Motor/ESC as your Savage so if one had a problem you could interchange.

You said you like to build kits, so if you have a few extra bucks to throw at this project, I'd say that the Ve8 is your next machine.

Let us know which you choose and make a thread, nothing like jumpin out to get a new R/C :jamout:

my friend actually called me up a few days ago with the exact same question. i told him id go with the ve8. after doing the math its really not to much more then a vorza.
$260 ve8
$280 for a tekin motor and rx8
$30-40 tires
$40-50 for a servo (can go cheaper or more expensive)
total $630
this is for top of the line equipment

vorza is $580 with rtr equipment.

no matter what you have to buy batterys so those I'm not going to include in the prices.

i beat the heck out of my ve8 last time i was up with fred and the gang. it out bashed every savage that was there... also everytime i race i get 2nd-3rd place with it. I'm sure ill be getting 1st place finishes after a few more weekends of racing. I'm still getting used to it.

my friend actually got a GREAT DEAL on the equipment needed for a ve8 build thru his lhs. he brought a piece of paper with a list i made for him with prices from a certain website. his lhs said they would beat or match every price and ill tell you what... they knocked it out of the park.
said they were going to give him
$260 ve8
$200 for a tekin motor and rx8 (this is insane)
$30 for a set of 4 aka ibeams super softs (normally $40 plus)
and he has his stock steering servo from his savage that will work for the time being... thats $490 to build a great racer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it. Well after considering the 2 options i will go with the Ve8 for a number of reasons, firstly its a kit and i can add my own electrics, secondly i wanted to go with the tekin esc/motor as i have mmm in my savage.

Badasz, i wish stuff was that cheap over here. At LHS the ve8 kit is $495 (US$400) and another $495(US$400) for motor combo $190 (US$155) for 4 big bore shocks.... list goes on... $35 for 2 tires with no rims.... And thats before option parts
On the other hand the vorza is about $800, but i think i will stick with the Ve8 still as i can build it over a few weeks to try and save up some cash to buy parts.
Might have to hop on the net/ebay and see what i can get cheaper.

the kit should come with 16mm big bore shocks... if you want the 112mm shocks for the rear then yes you have to buy separate but imo they are not needed, the buggy handles everything ive thrown at it right out of the box.

my bad, i was just looking at my LHS web page and wrote down a few prices, $190 was for 4x 97mm shocks.

You're lookin' for a buggy to run the same as me. Your budget is gonna be a HUGE in your decision.

Not telling you which to choose, but I'm going with the Ve8 and here's why:
Ve8 Pros
1. I prefer a kit or ground-up build caz you get to choose the parts you want without wasting money on parts you don't need & cant sell.
2. You get unlimited motor/esc options.
3. Unlimited Servo options.
4. Option of mechanical brakes.
5. Like Mike said, its based on the D8 platform which rules.
6. Any buggy can take a POUNDING (dare i say better than a Savage).

Vorza Pros
1. In the end it will cost less money to get up and runnings. (prolly several hundred less).
2. You'd have the same Motor/ESC as your Savage so if one had a problem you could interchange.

You said you like to build kits, so if you have a few extra bucks to throw at this project, I'd say that the Ve8 is your next machine.

Let us know which you choose and make a thread, nothing like jumpin out to get a new R/C :jamout:

From the way Fred puts it - I'd like to try the Ve8. Having options is always a plus.

]-[0pa]0ng;174987 said:
From the way Fred puts it - I'd like to try the Ve8. Having options is always a plus.

you wanna build a kit hop?

bank will built it for you if you want. I'd offer but imma nub when it comes to r/c's. just ask b/r.

Latest posts

Members online

Back