Help new lrp .32 spec 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malardman31

Thought I ordered the pull start version, WRONG!
Now I need to find the backing plate for it. Will the backing plate to go from pull start to roto start work?
I just want to make sure I order the correct parts this time.
Also what’s your opinions on best header and pipe combo?

Well, looks like the LRP32S4 pull start and LRP32S4 Comp bump start both use the same crank. So, you need the backplate, OWB, starter shaft and pull-start assembly.

38557 - backplate/starter shaft
38491 - OWB
38592 - o-ring kit
38556 - pull starter

I don't know if the roto start assembly (38136) fits this engine or not.

2019-0220-LRP32S4-PullStartParts.jpg

The motor I got is the LRP ZR.32x
Are those still the same part #’s I would need? Thanks for the responses guys.

Also if I could put a pull start on it I wouldn’t mind. Just want to get back to running my truck.

Kind of surprised the 28 stuff fits. I wonder of the SH28 ps/backplate would fit the LRP28 as well. I think I have an old worn out SH28 blue head somewhere... and an LRP28S3 in a drawer... if I was ambitious, I'd tear them down and see what works.

Hi new to this group. I’ve had a savage xl Sat around for a few years because the engine was a pain in the ass to keep cool. I want to order a lrp 32. But all I can find is the x version.
In the bit below is a back plate for the pull start. Do any of you guys know if this will fit the lrp .32X please .

7A29192B-A360-4D17-B00A-6B476906798C.png

Before the S4 came around (quite a few years back), a guy I was running with at the time wanted to run the 30S2 X. He had to replace the crank as well as the backplate, the PS had a pin/nub on it to key into the OWB. Also had to get the OWB and starter housing of course. I have a feeling he ended up with the 30S2 pull-start version by the time he was done... but it had an X on the cooling head. Paid a lot for that X.

Although, looking at the "spare parts" for the 32 pull start and 32 X, they use the same one, the backplate of the X has a detent in it for the starter nub. Pretty sure his didn't back then.

Looks like they both also use the same crank case, so I don't see any reason why the PS backplate won't fit the X.

PS: https://www.lrp.cc/en/product/nitro-engine-zr32-spec4-pullstart/
X: https://www.lrp.cc/en/product/nitro-engine-zr32x-spec4-competition/

Can compare the "spare parts" yourself. You will still have the 8 port sleeve vs 6, piston if it's different (probably not different, just come in pairs with the sleeve), con-rod is the same, carbs differ and head differs.

Before the S4 came around (quite a few years back), a guy I was running with at the time wanted to run the 30S2 X. He had to replace the crank as well as the backplate, the PS had a pin/nub on it to key into the OWB. Also had to get the OWB and starter housing of course. I have a feeling he ended up with the 30S2 pull-start version by the time he was done... but it had an X on the cooling head. Paid a lot for that X.

Although, looking at the "spare parts" for the 32 pull start and 32 X, they use the same one, the backplate of the X has a detent in it for the starter nub. Pretty sure his didn't back then.

Looks like they both also use the same crank case, so I don't see any reason why the PS backplate won't fit the X.

PS: https://www.lrp.cc/en/product/nitro-engine-zr32-spec4-pullstart/
X: https://www.lrp.cc/en/product/nitro-engine-zr32x-spec4-competition/

Can compare the "spare parts" yourself. You will still have the 8 port sleeve vs 6, piston if it's different (probably not different, just come in pairs with the sleeve), con-rod is the same, carbs differ and head differs.

I’ve looked for hours my only concern with the spare parts on the site. The back plate says it’s fit the 28 zr. Not sure if it fits the .32X
Otherwise gonna have a engine sat gathering dust.

thanks for reply really appreciated

I'm seeing this in the 32 spare parts for backplate:
https://www.lrp.cc/en/product/pull-starter-rear-parts-backplate-zr30-32-pullstart/

Both the X and pull-start version the same crank case, so I'm guessing the backplate from the pull start version will bolt up fine to the X version.

I'm not sure why the X backplate fits both and they have 2 different back plates for the pull start versions of the 32 vs the 28.

Could always try and email them.

I'm seeing this in the 32 spare parts for backplate:
https://www.lrp.cc/en/product/pull-starter-rear-parts-backplate-zr30-32-pullstart/

Both the X and pull-start version the same crank case, so I'm guessing the backplate from the pull start version will bolt up fine to the X version.

I'm not sure why the X backplate fits both and they have 2 different back plates for the pull start versions of the 32 vs the 28.

Could always try and email them.

I emailed the company been waiting for a reply.
Pull start fits the 28 30 and 32. But not sure on the back plate. Strange why they don’t list the 30/32 back plate. I can’t seem to find any one with stock .

just kinda be pissed if the z28 back plate don’t fit and il be screwed ?????

again thanks for the reply.

I'm in the same exact position. Saw the LRP .32 non pull start version in limited quantities on amain, I jumped on the purchase, it arrived today... and there is sits. Wasted my money? I just need the backplate and pull star or roto star front plate but have no idea if I am buying the right items. Standing by to see what happens on this thread.

I'm in the same exact position. Saw the LRP .32 non pull start version in limited quantities on amain, I jumped on the purchase, it arrived today... and there is sits. Wasted my money? I just need the backplate and pull star or roto star front plate but have no idea if I am buying the right items. Standing by to see what happens on this thread.

I know the feeling. I’ve sourced a rota start for a 32x
But I don’t wanna put that on the .32X.
So I’ve ordered a lrp30 with a pull start. This is expensive way ???

My suppliers waiting for a .32X for the end of the month. So going to swap the pull start. Then when I find a back plate. Il put the lrp 30 on my trophy ?????

I emailed lrp. I think you shouldto. More people asking for stuff more they will do.

While I’ve been waiting I’ve sealed my 5.9 engine bench ran it. Loads better so that’s going in the hpi trophy till i find the correct part or lrp make some

I'm missing the head shims on my 5.9. Cant find any anywhere of course so I'm not running it. Guess Ill ask, anyone have any head shims for me?

I'm missing the head shims on my 5.9. Cant find any anywhere of course so I'm not running it. Guess Ill ask, anyone have any head shims for me?

do you know the size. Ring about maybe able to match a couple up for you.
Can get az28 back plate but lrp told me it doesn’t fit the 32.
Dynamite 28 back plate apparently fits. But I can’t source one.

Thou I took my 5.9 cooler off to look at the piston years ago. I can’t remember shims being on it

Thou I took my 5.9 cooler off to look at the piston years ago. I can’t remember shims being on it

didn’t know they had shims then. I took cooler off mine and piston was still tight.
I’ve been bored. Sealed tested the 5.9 4 times.Put her in the buggy below ????

Attachments

• 1A0B3A20-010F-46A3-99B8-5F4D1CDDCDC4.jpeg
    1A0B3A20-010F-46A3-99B8-5F4D1CDDCDC4.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 7
  • E52DFDBD-D61A-4102-ACCF-EB0BFA3C6B23.jpeg
    E52DFDBD-D61A-4102-ACCF-EB0BFA3C6B23.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 7
HPI Head Shim Kit Part#15292. With out this, mine is leaking out the rear side be tween the block and the cooling head. I can tell by the uneven brown color and you can see the smoke when running. Pull the cooling head off and no shims. Chasing the tune was a key indicator that something else was wrong.

HPI Head Shim Kit Part#15292. With out this, mine is leaking out the rear side be tween the block and the cooling head. I can tell by the uneven brown color and you can see the smoke when running. Pull the cooling head off and no shims. Chasing the tune was a key indicator that something else was wrong.

mine did the same in my trophy last night.
Bolts can lose again on the cooling head.
Some lock tight and sealant sorted it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back