Help needed. Base wheel angle not right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstndt

It is not hard to explain. My Savage wheels don't have a good angle, they look like they would go "into eachother" if I would let them drive. It is not the trim you adjust on the controller, I have the same problem in the back. I can show on image16682810772074112838441679682987.jpg

@Fstndt

YOU NEED TO ADJUST THE TURNBUCKLES EVENLY FOR BOTH THE FRONT AND REAR ( RED ARROWS ).
THE FRONT WHEELS SHOULD BE SLIGHTLY TOED IN AND THE REARS SLIGHLY TOED OUT .

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 4
It is not hard to explain. My Savage wheels don't have a good angle, they look like they would go "into eachother" if I would let them drive. It is not the trim you adjust on the controller, I have the same problem in the back. I can show on imageView attachment 10129
Like Elwood says, you need to adjust the turnbuckles, can see from the photos that they are not of equal length.
The factory setting for these are:

1668290625348.png
As yours are so far out, you may need to disconnect one end of the turnbuckle from the hub and screw them back in until you have equal amounts of thread showing between each end of the turnbuckles and the plastic ends then adjust to the settings in the diagram above. Your turnbuckles have a position for a spanner at the centres for adjusting the toe in and out, the diagram above is from a savage 25 which did not have this option, the spanner size needed is 5.5mm. This option of turnbuckle came out with the launch of the Savage X, but the adjustments are the same regardless.

Last edited:
Like Elwood says, you need to adjust the turnbuckles, can see from the photos that they are not of equal length.
The factory setting for these are:

View attachment 10132
As yours are so far out, you may need to disconnect one end of the turnbuckle from the hub and screw them back in until you have equal amounts of thread showing between each end of the turnbuckles and the plastic ends then adjust to the settings in the diagram above. Your turnbuckles have a position for a spanner at the centres for adjusting the toe in and out, the diagram above is from a savage 25 which did not have this option, the spanner size needed is 5.5mm. This option of turnbuckle came out with the launch of the Savage X, but the adjustments are the same regardless.
Thanks it worked!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back