Help me make a decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upbasher

So, I have been thinking about selling all of my savage stuff to get some $ to get either a really nice axial crawler (I love crawling) or an lst xxl (used)
I would keep all of my engines, clutches pipes and things that are interchangeable with other trucks like the lst.
Anyways what do you guys think? I've been running savages for about 2 years now and they're getting kinda boring, and to be totally honest they handle like crap, gotta face the facts. :( It gets old having to go flip the truck over after every jump
Also I'm pretty tired of snapping dogbones and don't want to get upgrade ones cause I have not had good luck with any upgrade driveshafts in the past....
On top of that I keep hearing that the lst handles better than a savage and is more durable even......
Even if i got a crawler instead of an lst i would still have my hyper 7 to run which is just as durable as a savage and is cheaper to run.....
So help me out here guys...I can't decide if I want to give up my savages or not. And don't give me that "Well, do what you want its up to you its your stuff" because that doesn't answer my question lol ....I want to hear your honest opinions. :):):) Thanks ahead of time! :)

You're bored with savages and don't enjoy the way they run. Seems cut and dry to me, sell it and try something new. You can certainly make the savage handle better, usually means lowering it. But from the sounds of things maybe you would be more happy with a stadium truck instead of a monster truck.

You're bored with savages and don't enjoy the way they run. Seems cut and dry to me, sell it and try something new. You can certainly make the savage handle better, usually means lowering it. But from the sounds of things maybe you would be more happy with a stadium truck instead of a monster truck.

uh huh uh huh yeah thats what I was thinking......stadium trucks are out....I really just want an mt that handles better.....savages can be lowered to handle better but then its not really an mt any more.
I think I am going to post up a picture later of all the stuff I have and the condtion of all the parts and everything....maybe you guys can give me an idea of what it would be worth, in terms of what you would pay if you were looking for savage stuff.
Main prob with the savages handling is basically that the suspension just does not work good....its not real smooth

So the LST is better than a Savage ? I really don't think so. my youngest kid has an LST with hundreds of $$$ in hopups on it and it is still a GIANT POS it still breaks drives regularly and the lower braces break easily also... I call it the one run wonder, caz after 1 run ya wonder whats broken now :lmao: ALL Monster Trucks handle poorly I have several and all of em have their share of handling issues... ya have to adjust your driving style to allow for the rig....... if ya wanna learn to drive a Monster get a ClodBuster... you will learn quick about breakage and poor handling issues...... as for your drives I told ya MIP makes the best drives in the industry and for about 100 bux ya can upgrade the entire rig to them... but you do what ya like, I would keep the savage and adjust the way ya drive it..... just my 02 cents on this subject........

Sounds like he wants it both ways. Handles well and can take a hit. Being tough usually means being bulky and large. Being nimble means being frail. Usually. I agree with Jam though, the only worth while part of a LST is their shocks.....

I stick with my advice of finding a stadium truck. Then you could bash your savage when you want, or race the stadium truck when you want. Then you're covered.

OMG you want a crawler! LOL. Crawling has to be the most boring form of RC. Just look at the videos on youtube. I can only watch one for 5secs. BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

OMG you want a crawler! LOL. Crawling has to be the most boring form of RC. Just look at the videos on youtube. I can only watch one for 5secs. BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Ditto.....

Yes absolutely...watching it is mind numbingly boring....but doing it is a blast. Just like golf

Lol, crap....your just compared it to golf. The least entertaining "sport" on the planet.

exactly. Its not entertaining at all to watch it.......it makes some people want to jump off a building.
BUT actually driving a crawler over rocks is fun, just as actually playing golf is quite fun

Played Golf before, I think is a boring way to spend time. would much rather run a blazing fast RC as play that game.......

Well if you say so UP. I have watched it and played it and find both very nap worthy :lmao:

Up, are you by any chance a retired old man pretending to be 16? I mean, Jam is old, but you seem alot older.:smiliejam:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back